Main Menu

trying out the Betas

Started by Chas, December 29, 2005, 10:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas

Hi,
I notice that the compiler beta has a 'projects' folder. If I unzip and overwrite my existing PB installation , I am bothered that my existing projects folder & contents might get mangled.
-or is this not a problem?

Is there a handy way to try out the betas without risking the existing setup- should I do a second install of the retail version to another directory??
Thanks
Chas

kevin

If you're worried about it, then yes, the easy option it to set up a second install folder from your current/main one.   Then you can just copy new betas in/over  as they're released.

To install a beta, All you do is copy the supplied files over the existing ones.   So unzip, and copy.

If there a projects folder (there not always is), it's prolly just got some test examples of any news commands, or perhaps some code to verify that a bug is gone.

You don't have to copy those however..

Chas

-I feared that installing a second version might clash in some way, but the two versions seem to be working fine together  :)

I am also a bit confused by the update suffixes: Which compiler and IDE versions are inside retail update 1.089b?

Thanks
Chas

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.089B

has compiler PB1.089y or x ( i forget now) and IDE 1.08p5 or p6

The Betas posted PB1.089Z and PB1.089Z2  are the newest available

I'm in the process ATM of building PB1.089C  which is the final

Confused.. So am i  :)

kevin

The FULL retail update PB1.089C is now available.  The compiler+Ide in this package are the newest version of the PB.