Feedback About the updates ?

Started by kevin, February 18, 2005, 08:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

DTAB updates Feedback

Ok, so it's been a week since the first alpha was released, well hidden away on the forums :) ,  but a number of people have download it (and already the new V0.91 version)

So, I just wanted to get some feedback about how this new version is shaping up ? from the user perspective.   At the moment my concern is the 'editing' process in general.   So If you have any ideas in this area, i'd certainly like to hear them.  

* I could add a mouse draw note mode, so you could draw notes onto the bars.   (there's a few issues with this, since some lines can have more than 1 sound on them.  So which sound would you be drawing i that case..  But it's seem fairly easy to add)

spike1st

This is an awesome new addition, triplets. Its so real and you can make "real" drum sounds and speeds its very awesome. Very

I noticed that you can't delete triplet tags if you accidently clicked on them. The only way i knew of doing is by deleteing the whole bar. Any info on this or some special way.

All i noticed so far, im gonna be playing with this thing all day. so hopefully i'll find nothing! and it will be perfect, but if not i'll post...

AWEsome!
DTAB  for Life, Drumz for Life...w00t w00t

kevin

Thanks Spike

Your correct, at this point there's no delete triplet,  it'll certainly be in for the release version though/maybe the next alpha.

kevin

Dtab v0.95 Cosmetics

OK, so  I feel I've added all the main features I wanted for the next public release.  So it's time to whip this thing into release shape.

Thus I want, need,  your (positive/negative) feedback about the everything relating to appearance, controls, layout, missing helper features etc etc of program.  

Basically, Any ideas that you feel will make this release better...

spike1st

Well my favorite thing is Copy/Paste. Greatest add-on ever, other than triplets. I love the new icons and the colors. One thing is maybe customizable shortcut for going to Flam or Ghost or Drag...like so you don't have to drop down the window and pick which one you want, kinda like how the notes are used with f1 f2 f3 f4. maybe the f5-8 could do something. You don't need, just more player friendly. That's all i can thing of for now...I really like everything so far, you added so many things it's what we all wanted, hopefully "all"...

kevin

QuoteWell my favorite thing is Copy/Paste. Greatest add-on ever, other than triplets. I love the new icons and the colors.

One thin i want to add is a way  the user can make their own colorings (for at least the Edit window).  That might not make this main release though.  But it's on my mind

QuoteOne thing is maybe customizable shortcut for going to Flam or Ghost or Drag...like so you don't have to drop down the window and pick which one you want, kinda like how the notes are used with f1 f2 f3 f4. maybe the f5-8 could do something.

Yep, we'd talked about replacing the drop down as that's something I don't like either.  It'll most likely be replaced with too bar icons.  Which will remove some of the 'focus' problems also.

I do like the Function key idea. Although, Currently the F5, f6, f7 are used as quick play back controls.  I could move those over to f9,f10,f11,f12  and Put the second function note heads controls on the F5,to F8...

I'll prolly make RIGHT mouse button act like a second function also (ctrl and the drum key)  so you can flesh out most the stuff with the mouse.   That sorta keeps both methods.. Keyboard and mouse.

spike1st

QuoteYep, we'd talked about replacing the drop down as that's something I don't like either.  It'll most likely be replaced with too bar icons.  Which will remove some of the 'focus' problems also.

I do like the Function key idea. Although, Currently the F5, f6, f7 are used as quick play back controls.  I could move those over to f9,f10,f11,f12  and Put the second function note heads controls on the F5,to F8...

I'll prolly make RIGHT mouse button act like a second function also (ctrl and the drum key)  so you can flesh out most the stuff with the mouse.   That sorta keeps both methods.. Keyboard and mouse.

I like your idea's Sweet

Im working on a new song right now im doing stuff, and i know this would probably be in the near future but... The ability to make triplits but only in that Note category. So say i want my bass to do a 8th note triplet but i want the hi-hat a constant 8th note with out the triplet feel. Thats the ONLY thing i feel about the editor thats lacking. I bet'd be hard though. But im happy with or with out it! :)

Thank for the feed back

EDIT: actually if ijust make it all /3\ then i can keep the 8th note Hi-hat...heh...nvm about that then.

kevin

Yeah, you can get the 3 against 2 sound already.   Either 2 groups of 3 sextuplets, or a group of 6 sextuplets..

So counting in six,

The two pulse would be on counts 1 and 4

and the 3 pulse on counts  1,3,5

X      X
  o    o   o

spike1st

Alright i found a bug with .95d with the delete feature. If you downloaded my song #3 or Hazey what i called it. i just tested this but on measure #23 if u erase the 2 /3\'s right next to eachother left > right IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BAR it should freak out and combine some. Then try to delete the combined freaked out ones and it will exit out of itself; freeze then exit.  it has variations on bars...

If you erase the first triplet on measure #23 then erase the next one starting from left > right it will erase both the /3\'s not just one of them.

If you erase a /6\ or /3\ it will erase like 3 of them in a row. for example on bar #31 or 32 it will erase 3 of them in a row not just one of them....

Well thats all i found, hope this helps...

My songs....    Dtab Grooves

kevin

Thanks, it should be fixed now in the current 0.95e update i'm working on at the moment

kevin

Update V0.96d  Released

OK,  I'm still waiting for art, at this point I'll end up releasing it with mock up  art if i have too.   None too impressed about that i can tell you.    

So, how's this version feeling ?   There's a few tidbits that need work, but for the most part this is about what the release will be.