News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Registration doesn't work..?right?

Started by spike1st, February 24, 2005, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike1st

Just wondering if the Alpha version supports registered users, because i bought mine a while ago, and i found the key thing and it says that its not valid or something...just wondering if i have to renew or if its not featured yet. Cause that pop up bugs me lol. Let me know anybody?  :unsure:
DTAB  for Life, Drumz for Life...w00t w00t

kevin

Yep, the alpha's do support registered users.  Although, it depends upon what version your currently using as to if your key will work.  Since the key format was changed a few revisions ago.  

Assuming your key is new enough(your dtab verision is above v0.60 from memory), all you need is your name and your email address.  They are case sensitive though.  Which trips so many people up it's not funny !.. For then,  it is for me :)

spike1st

Lol well it wasn't working so i just copied it exactly from V0.69b and it worked w00t w00t. no popups thanks kevin! You da man...btw I love this Dtab
Story:

I made a song on finale notepad for my music theory class like a year ago and i just was bored so i wrote drums for the song and i play them together. Sounds pretty cool. Though finale and Dtab the Beat is differen't. i kept on having to make Dtab beat going up and down by 1 bpm, but if i left them at the same speed it would be off. But i just love Dtab and i think that midi import/export thingy will be awesome for people. especially if you do music and stuff as i do. Anyways thanks for the work on it, i know many appreciate it, even if they don't show it.

End:

kevin

The rego screen stuff is very strict in terms of the case.  Although a common mistake people often make is they hit the 'done' button, rather than the unlock button..  Although i must admit it is a little confusing the way it currently set out.

That's on the cosmetics to-do list.

QuoteI made a song on finale notepad for my music theory class like a year ago and i just was bored so i wrote drums for the song and i play them together. Sounds pretty cool. Though finale and Dtab the Beat is differen't. i kept on having to make Dtab beat going up and down by 1 bpm, but if i left them at the same speed it would be off.

Hmm, odd, although I'm not too surprised it's not perfect.  Some precision would be lost during the subdivisions.  

QuoteBut i just love Dtab and i think that midi import/export thingy will be awesome for people. especially if you do music and stuff as i do.

It's one of the features from the original to-do list, certainly had it's fair share of requests over the years.  So now, i'm Slowly ticking them off.  It's ironical though,  As it would turn out a fair % of Dabs are not actually drummers.   Which I certainly never expected.  So export to Midi will no doubt help those users out.  

QuoteAnyways thanks for the work on it, i know many appreciate it, even if they don't show it.

No problem. Although most people seem to prefer email me, rather than joining the forums.  Which is a pity, as I can't tell you how many times i've been asked 'when are triplets coming ?.. '  :)...  Finally  I can now say, their in :)
Anyway, While It might have been neglected in recent times with my PB commitments,  I'm hoping to be able to share time between projects now.   So we'll certainly see more updates throughout the year.

spike1st

QuoteNo problem. Although most people seem to prefer email me, rather than joining the forums.  Which is a pity, as I can't tell you how many times i've been asked 'when are triplets coming ?.. '  :)...  Finally  I can now say, their in :)
Anyway, While It might have been neglected in recent times with my PB commitments,  I'm hoping to be able to share time between projects now.   So we'll certainly see more updates throughout the year.

W00t w00t I just made a song, i can't express how happy i am with triplets

kevin

Just a had look at your track before and that's certainly one of the best tab's seen with DTAB period.   I just Love that triplets in the 6/8 feel.

spike1st

QuoteJust a had look at your track before and that's certainly one of the best tab's seen with DTAB period.   I just Love that triplets in the 6/8 feel.

Well Thanks, I Love Drumz It's gonna be my life, im only 17 (march 10th) but i love Dtab, and really like odd timing and i love triplets. You have no idea how much your Dtab has increased my skill; It has a lot, helps me keep time, think of idea's ya know? I'll make more tabs and post them of my own stuff or others of course. But thanks for the compliment i really appreciate it.