Main Menu

WordZap - Download

Started by Jeku, January 23, 2005, 09:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeku

Hey all,

I haven't released any games in a while, so it's nice to be able to present to you a challenging new game called WordZap.  What started out as an idea from Bejewelled has catapulted into a totally unique feel.  I just ordered PlayBasic so I wanted an interesting type of idea to try it out on!

You start out with a 10 x 10 board of different letters.  Using your left mouse button, click letters one at a time to form a word:

Note that you can only select letters next to each other in any of the four directions.  You can also select a letter that's been selected already for a new letter.  For example if you had:

P O Z

And you want to spell POP, you can selecte P, O, then the original P again.  It's pretty flexible.  When you're ready to submit the word, press 'Submit'.  Note that you can only make 3 to 6 letter long words.

Once the word has been cleared, the letters stack down from the top ala Bejewelled.

If you make a mistake and want to start the word over, press 'Esc'.

So far so good, right?  Well here's the twist.  Every time you form a word, the red bar at the top grows.  If you have a red bar, you can use that to 'swap' letters from one part of the board to the other, as long as it's on the same row and column.

For example, using X's as non-important letters, if you want to spell TYPE from the following screen:

T Y P X
         X X X X
         X X X X
         X X X X
         X X X E

Right -click the 'E', then right-click the X either beside or below the P, as long as it's connecting.  The 'E' and the 'X' will switch places!

I've also added in a blue timer at the bottom that dies out slowly.  Every time you fill the blue bar up to the top, you'll advance a level and it will start to decrease at a faster rate.

Here's my best score:

The game is challenging but fun   I know that it's not as nice looking as it could be, but I suck at art.

Aegis designed these letter graphics originally for WordTrix 2.0

Download WordZap

Enjoy!
Automaton Games - Home of WordTrix 2.0, WordZap, and GameBasic
Jeku's Music - Easy listening electronic...

empty

That's a clever game idea and fun as well.

kevin

That's very clever and proof i should always read the 'how to play instructions' before just playing something..