WordZap - Download (much improved!)

Started by Jeku, February 10, 2005, 06:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeku

Hey all,

I've finally finished WordZap and am starting the version at 1.0.  It has pretty much all of the features requested by users at about half a dozen forums: pause, difficulty settings, online high scores, sound effects, particle effects, mouse/enter/space to clear words, and more!

Here are some new screenies:

The high score table is fairly empty right now, so there's still lots of time to show your stuff :)

Download the handy installer or the zip:

WordZap V1.1 (download) Home Page  (2010)

WordZap Update V1.1 Work in progress thread

Enjoy!  I've spent many many hours creating this, so please let me know your comments!  I recommend you read the Instructions within the game to learn how to play
Automaton Games - Home of WordTrix 2.0, WordZap, and GameBasic
Jeku's Music - Easy listening electronic...

empty

Yep plays even better than the older version. :) It won't let me submit my highscore, though (if I click on submit nothing happens).

Jeku

For some reason if you already have a browser window open, and you click Submit Score Online, the browser will go to the proper page but it won't open up into focus.  It will only focus in front of the game if you didn't already have a browser window open.

I wonder if that can be fixed?  I'm using your nifty ExeFile code hack :)

empty

The game doesn't open a browser... neither to submit a score, nor to view the score, nor to open your homepage....

As for the window problem might want to try ShellExecute instead. Seems to work ok here:

Constant SW_HIDE     = 0
Constant SW_MAXIMIZE   = 3
Constant SW_MINIMIZE   = 6
Constant SW_RESTORE    = 9
Constant SW_SHOW    = 5
Constant SW_SHOWDEFAULT  = 10
Constant SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED = 3
Constant SW_SHOWMINIMIZED = 2
Constant SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE= 7
Constant SW_SHOWNA    = 8
Constant SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE = 4
Constant SW_SHOWNORMAL   = 1

Psub ShellExec(FileName$, CmdLine$, Directory$, CmdShow)
Local Shell32 = GetFreeDll()
LoadDll "Shell32.dll",Shell32
Local Result = CallDll(Shell32, "ShellExecuteA", 0, "open", FileName$, CmdLine$, Directory$, CmdShow)
DeleteDll Shell32
EndPsub Result

; TESTING 1,2,3...s
Print "Press Key"
sync
WaitKey
WaitNoKey
Print ShellExec("iexplore", "e:\wordzap2\Online High Score Table.url",  "", SW_SHOWNORMAL)
Print "Started..."
Sync
WaitKey

Jeku

Cool thanks for the code, Empty :)  I was originally using your other WinExec code, but this one works better!

Okay, I have updated the files so as to work on everyone's computer.  My old version used to search for Firefox, and if it didn't find it, it would search for IE, and whichever one it found first it would open.  Then a forum member from another forum was complaining that it would keep loading Firefox even when IE was default :P  

Anyways to make a long story short the new version loads IE and it goes in front of the game.  Now everyone should be happy :) :)