Started by monkeybot, March 02, 2012, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybot

Multiplayer Tank Game

almost,just got to finish the server.

and sort the collision out.

ATLUS

nice game =]
how are we detecting our bullets and other player bullets in screen?

monkeybot

kevin

Reminds me of a two player game my niece and I used to play.     Are you planning on having a single player mode ?  

monkeybot

yes,but thats rather more involved than just huma v human,should be an interesting project.Have to read up on AI techniques.

kevin

It'd be a challenge, but I think if you stack a few logics on top of each other you'll start to get something that looks like a human.  It's been a while since we played the game mentioned above, but one of traits the Ai appeared to have was to bounce rays when targeting the other player.    What i imagine it does, is fire out rays from it's current position in all directions, then follow each ray through for a set number of bounces.    Which gives you two things, first it's way to approximate the direction the character needs to turn in order shoot the other player from it's current location and secondly the character knows if it's in the players firing line.

monkeybot

started tinkering with tank game again,almost got the client/server bits working as soon as i get it a bit more tidied up i will need to do some tests,anyone up for it?

ATLUS

how i can help you monkeybot? =)

monkeybot

i would like to do some internet playtests.

ha!well,i say that but it may be a while before that is needed.
Thanks for the offer tho..

ATLUS

anyway if need test connect, i am ready =)