hi from pathfinder :D

Started by pathfinder, September 12, 2005, 01:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pathfinder

just dont have time or will to make 3d games atm, job is starting to require 3d as well, so its like taking work home sadly. Never mind got playbasic to play with now! wooohoo

Ive had a few ideas scratching around for a while now.

a growing your own veggi patch for us wana be towny farmers.

wizard war platform game where you create spells modifying stats range effect into a spell book. then go blast baddies yey!

random world game a bit like rouge but it generates random portals to random worlds rather than dungeons.

well that should keep me going :D

anyway just sayin hi, hopefully some demos will be put into the can soon ^^

kevin

welcome, and i like the sound of your idea. Hope you can get it running..

empty

Hi there pathfinder.
Have fun with PlayBasic. :)

pathfinder

QuoteHi there pathfinder.
Have fun with PlayBasic. :)

as far as i can see, having fun will be the easy bit :D

pathfinder

well after getting the thing installed I have to say iam loving it. IDE is lovely, lol getting fullscreen mode confused me for a while lol (you set it in settings doh!). Will teach me not to look at the instructions!

Anyway I sat down and thought about what I wanted to make, from the games above and picked the wizard wars game. I have experience with DB thats a big help. Still Ive not done 2d for a long while ... amiga days of amos! Because of this Iam designing this game to expand as I grow in playbasic.

Ill put the game in Showcase once theres something good to look at lol, is atm going to be called.

ArcaneRage

Though you just know itll change.

The game
You are a wizard trying to find imortallity (goal will change). You will be able to roam the world freely in the form of a map. Certain fixed areas will contain monsters, if you complete an area you will gain a prize, this could be a section of the puzzle to immortality, crystals for making spells, spell knowledge. The monsters will leave that area. You cannot die in this game, if you fail remake your spells and try again!

How does it play?
The combat section is like a slow version of llamatron, you do need time to select spells so it cant be to hectic. The good thing for me is it wont require me to sit down and make maps. Maps take a looong time to make! Iam not sure if im goingto put backgrounds in, iam kind of liking the black background retro look ^^

Okay this sounds easy enough, run through nail the mobs bingo! Game over. Iam not that kind. Monsters are not lvl based but resistance based, Your just not going to take down a Yeti with ice bolts. You need the right spells for the job.

How do i get the right spell?
You have a spell book, when monsters die they drop modifying knowledge. Range ie, touch , aura, area ,blast ,wave. Type of spell protection, damage, summon. You also need to collect crystals off mobs, or perhaps its given after level completion.

Working on Ai atm, which is just about done. Its acutally alot hard than I thought bearing in mind its an open area and the only collision is the player. At the start they kamakzeed on the player, now they give up after a while. Just wait till i get things shooting back :o. Each type of monster has a set agro range, how long it follows, damage resistance argh! Wont be a showcase for a month :(

Anyway thanks again lovin purebasic :) Showcase is looking a bit thin, as soon as i get a playable game running ill post it.