Main Menu

Backgammon

Started by johnno56, November 20, 2010, 04:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnno56

Does anyone have a listing for Backgammon? My skills, and I use that phrase VERY loosely, are far below what is required to design such a game.

Much appreciated.

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

kevin

I don't recall seeing anybody attempt such a game in PB,  so i'd be surprised if such a thing appears.   Could prolly knock a little something together, but i've no idea of the rules of the game. 

johnno56

Kevin,

The game itself is quite old. Unsure of its origins. But a description of the game and its rules can be found at http://www.bkgm.com/rules.html

I have an ancient version that appeared on the Amstrad PC back in the mid-80's. The graphics were crude by todays standards. (640x480x8) CPU speed was about 4Mhz and fitted within the 64kb (43kb free) ram. Unfortunately, the coding is spaghetti. (which is what I am used to...)

I just need a PB version that I can "pick to bits" to see how it "ticks". I need to get rid of the "old logic". I figure that "picking at" the structured logic and studying the code snippets from you guys, I will eventually pick it up.

I am currently working through the tutorials. The huge variety of commands and procedures are mind blowing especially for we oldies that used to dream of working with qbasic....

Enough of the waffle....

Thanks for the info and I hope this helps.

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

monkeybot

the rules themselves are easy to program,its the opponents strategy that's the tricky bit,