News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Pooyan complete game

Started by micky4fun, July 09, 2011, 07:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

i have a flash/php highscore board if you want to have a look at it

micky4fun

Hi all

Thanks for the offer BlinkOk , and info Kevin for linking game to a high score server but i dont think its really worth it , it would be beyond me anyway.
just a simple high score seems good enough for what the game is ,
as for the game i have left in the bonus level as said , but can easy take it out if needs be
well its all done now , just want a few people to give it a bash as i have played it for hours and seems ok , but you fingers will start to hurt after a few hours play with all that mouse button hitting
anyway want to get some feedback in the easy or hardness of the game , the levels do get harder as it goes , but is it enough ?

to unlock the bonus level you must shoot the spider on its way back when it is carring the letters that make up bonus
the rest you all know

really tired now its very late so sorry for brief post , just wanted to get it up on forum
thanks all for the comments and hope you enjoy game
mick :)

download here
look below later post

BlinkOk

the pacing on this version is much better. the difficulty is just right. very challenging

Laskiapina

Great work Micky!
It's not too easy I'll tell you that :) I like how you can't shoot the spider when it's coming down if you want the bonus letter.
Finished projects so far: Kumiankka, Meals of the Dragon, Fisut, Draw Old, Reikäkopio, Blindage, Escape from Millmier

Homepage: Not yet named project

micky4fun

Hi all

thanks BlinkOk and Laskiapina , think its hard to get the difficulty just right , but it did seem okish to me , as i have been play testing it for days and days i was really use to it , did not want it to hard to early on in game

thanks medwayman for comments , but just left a simple high score , but anyone wanted to do anymore is welcome
high score / gfx / sound etc

ok i will give it a few more days playtesting and post up the full code , but as you all know by now its my spider code and not that neat and no bonus letter at the end of it either  ;D

Thanks again BlinkOk for the fox walking animations and thanks to all other that posted comments on game

a short break now then try something else ;)

heres a youtube video of full game in action , a bit blurry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndBhOxom6U

kevin

Really good stuff Mick ! - All those little touches really add up to the games presentation and plays pretty well also, did run into a bit of issue where I think the bonus round timer appears in the right hand panel (attached).    It seems to occur if the player has collected the Bonus letters, but dies (game over) before the end of the round.  which is what I just did..    

micky4fun

hi all

yep Kevin did not come out to bad , thought ile spend a little more time on this one as it seemed to have a ilttle more legs in it than some of my other games
i suppose i could spend ages doing other little bits and bobs , but it seems ok for waht it is , the gfx's are not crisp as they could be , they were just a grab from a cassette scan of the game and not a great scan at that , but lucky enough BlinkOk helped with the walking animation which helps the game a lot

yep i have got it to do what happened to you after hours of play , thats now fixed , i did find one other error as well where title screen went wrong again , but thats fixed to
sometime you think its all done , but only after hours and hours of play something you forgot goes wrong , anyway im dreaming foxes now i have played it so much in testing

i will now post it up with souce code and spend a little time now mucking around with PB again to see what i can do next , have a few ideas
i think these type of games suit me best , kinda old 8 bit type games revamped a bit

download new version here .
Download Pooyan

Big C.

give it a try but i think you have make a great game once more ;)

kevin

micky4fun

Hi All

QuoteAdded a Pooyan page to uw. 

Thanks Kevin for putting my simple game on UW site , really chuffed about that.

I hope this give others on this forum some inspiration to get there fingers tapping
i know there are some really talented guys on here.

well had loads of fun again using PlayBasic again , how did i live without this for all those years , will get my iching fingers tapping away asap

Thanks for everyones comments and help again , a really good bunch of guys on this forum

kevin

QuoteThanks Kevin for putting my simple game on UW site , really chuffed about that.

No probs..  Still planning on building a version of This (login required) as a test project during IDE development.  

What other projects have you go sitting around ?

micky4fun

hi all

QuoteWhat other projects have you go sitting around ?
well none as such , just been mucking about the last few days with one thing or the other , a chill period really as im off on holiday for 2 weeks next week so did not want to start anything before then and also had a few things around the house to do for the other half , must keep her happy otherwise she will hide my keyboard , lol
so i will have a think over the next 2 weeks and be back then

mick :D

kevin

Got this question via email from Daniel

Message : hello, i am playing the pooyan remake on my windows PC with much fun. now i have a question or request: is it possible to save the highscores in any further version of this program ? i would be very happy to get an extra live every 100000 points or complete this bonus round whith all the 10 balls in the goal. can you implement a pause function by a keystroke ? i tried to find the directly contact to michael, but i were not succesfully. Pooyan on the commodore c64 was my second computergame in my live and i love it. So i am very happy, that michael programmed it in Windows best regards Daniel

Some good ideas there mick...  Any chances ?   - If not,  I might just drop them myself..  

micky4fun

Hi all

Yep see what i can do , when i get a few mins later tonight i will look into the changes
well glad someone is having fun with this game nice to here , must say think a pause function in most games is handy

thanks for passing e-mail on

micky4fun

hi all

ok now updated a little , press p to pause and p angain to unpause , extra lives every 100000 , as the little hut only holds 3 pigs any others will be carried over but not shown
highscore save added as well

download here ,
(login required)