Cracking on for easter , game now released

Started by micky4fun, February 22, 2009, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

just a quick screen shot of my easter game that im cracking on with in window mode 800x600 , still early days yet and game could end up going in a few different directions depending how it looks
will post a demo as soon as possible ,

mick :)

kevin

BlinkOk

nice work micky. let me know if you need any animations or anything like that. i'd be happy to help out

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

thanks for the offer , not to sure what im using at the mo apart from the chics , eggs and hammers . but if i need anything ile give you a shout ,

dont think there is going to be much to this game as its going to be a simple bash the right colour chic with the right colour hammer job ,
not unless it unfolds into more , i am only doing this as a request from my girlfriend , jaq , to keep her happy as she lets me spend a lot of time on this p.c , but i am trying to do this program more like the way you guys do it and not my usual messy way , fingers crossed.

i have loads of other projects that im itching to start , so hopefully wont take to long on this.

micky4fun

hi all

sorry for hogging posts hope you all dont mind

heres a demo as promised , timer bar is at bottom of screen , idea (yep i know it sound silly) , is that its to cold outside for the chic's to hatch yet so you have to keep them in there eggs so they keep warm
by tapping them back in their egg with the corrasponding colour hammer until the timer runs out , lots still to do as you can see , this is just a quick demo

any feedback welcome

click mouse to pick hammer with hand , click mouse to put hammer back , click mouse when you have hammer to strike bird eggshell , dont worrie this is a special soft hammer even though it looks hard , yeh right mick ,, lol

thanks mick :)

BlinkOk

nice one micky. that's a pretty cool game mechanic.

kevin

Only got around the playing this one the other day.  Seems pretty good. Since it's kind of a micro management game.  How about adding some more tasks such as a heat lamp (to keep the room temp) and even rotation  to avoid them cooking :)    Could always have the mum chicken run in and chase you, or even change the hammer order.    So over time the game play gets more and more frantic.  A bit like Tetris.   

micky4fun

Hi Kevin ,,

yep thanks for ideas , but i just finished it tonight , i know i could have done more to it , but its still a learning curve for me , the better i get the bigger ventures i will take and take a little longer to in doing projects , it was just a silly easter game , as it happens it aint got a great deal to do with easter apart from eggs and chicks , but overall im quite please with the result , well for me anyway

ok i honestly tried , but my code as gone all astray again , i must improve on this i know .

ok one question i must ask and hopefully you can help , how can i get the "score" and "time is up" to scale with the rest of the screen , the bit where it scales down to middle of screen inbetween levels , the screen and sprites that i rendertoimage scale but not the text score and time is up , can you help? , just would make it a little better

you have to get the hammer in line depth wise as well for it to work on eggs
hammer and change positions on each level

anyway hope you all like this effort , any comments welcome good or bad , lol :)

micky4fun

screenie,,

ok im having a few days off to relax , takes it out of you all this programming , lol

i have loads of other projects in the pipeline , but can only do one at a time , what a shame..

my next maybe a pinball game , looking for some gravity code for that ,
but the one im really looking forward to do in a few months to come is thunderbirds..
wont bore you with the rest , but theres loads..

thanks to all on forums for help and code tips , great stuff

kanifox

Nice, Mick :D  It's fun and looks nice too.  Did you make the graphics?

Your code gets nicer with every game you make

micky4fun

Hi kanifox

No alas not , i had to do a bit of cutting and pasting with a pic i downloaded of the shed , the chick's are re-coloured images i downloaded , the eggcups are downloads but i have fame for the eggs , lol .
think it would be quite easy to do lots of games like this but a little more involve as Kevin said in he's last post.

yep i am improving as i go along i think , just love this playbasic program , its great fun , ohh and the headache here and there , lol

the code for this game could do with a lot of tiding up as usuall with my programs , but hopefully i will get better with this as i go along

thanks for comments

kevin

Hey Mick,

ok one question i must ask and hopefully you can help , how can i get the "score" and "time is up" to scale with the rest of the screen , the bit where it scales down to middle of screen inbetween levels , the screen and sprites that i rendertoimage scale but not the text score and time is up , can you help? , just would make it a little better

What Type of the font it is ?    If it's Windows true type (Arial) , or windows bitmap (such as courier for example)  ?, then you can't draw those to FX images.   The Font would have to be first converted to the FX font.  Then it can drawn to any surface.

My advice, use 1.64I and CRF fonts.. 

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

yes it was  Windows true type (Arial) , ok thanks for answer , i will upgrade soon to 1.64i

thanks

BlinkOk

mickey dude.
do you mind if i do some gfx for this one? i ask because i might also need you to make some (very small) additions to the code as well.
let me know coz if you don't wanna make the changes i don't think it would be worth it.
thanks
blink

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

no problem make any gfx changes you feel fit , i know they are going to be tons better than mine , yes i will try to make the changes to the code as long as they are within my capeabilities , as you know i not fantastic at this , just incase i dont want to waste your time , if i cant manage them , then by all means you can do them , but ile give them a bash , just so you know if you get my meaning

thanks BlinkOk , look forward to gfx