Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Cracking on for easter , game now released

Started by micky4fun, February 22, 2009, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi ALL

Thanks BlinkOk for latest images and to Kevin for help to ,
after a long day programming , testing took the most time , and other bits and bobs here it is i hope , lol

BlinkOk , sorry hand on clock did not look right so did a hand myself , dont look to bad i hope
so here is the end effort , please let me know what you think and ile get back to you

mick :)
http://www.zshare.net/download/572508373ec7e434/

BlinkOk

fantastic! it looks great. i did have a small problem on the second level. the white one lost his hat
and i couldn't bash him back into the egg.

may i say you have done a REALLY great job with this. i know now it prolly seems like it's been
one big hassle but let me assure you the next one will be that much easier because you have gone
through this process.
in fact i reckon if you were to rewrite this same program again, right now, it would take you only a
fraction of the time you have spent on it to date.

BlinkOk

smoothed out the graphics;
Download graphics

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

ahh , that eggshell has come back then , i spent 2 hours yesterday looking for that bug , i thought i mended it , i played for a hour it aws ok , but its still there then , i think but not sure its a spritevisible fault in my program , i used newsprite and deleteallsprites for all my program , dont think this was a good idea , i sould have just kept the sprites i had once created and do a spritevisible for ones not needed on screen ..

yes i have learnt a lot here again , and yes if i was to start from scratch i could proberly do it in a few days ,
ok ile go through code and see if i can find that bug..

thanks BlinkOk for all your time spent doing the graphics for this game , i see that you have nearly done all the game in flash , are you going to do a flash version of game?

thanks for new graphics , it looks even better now

btw , you have to keep all 8 chicks alive now , i have made the game easier now as well , but it does get harder later and stays at that level till you die

back soon with bug fixed i hope

BlinkOk

no worries mick.
i'm sure you'll find the bug
no i'm not gonna do a flash version. just a learning experience for me in working with a programmer (a success i think!)
looking forward to the next release

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

Quoteno i'm not gonna do a flash version. just a learning experience for me in working with a programmer (a success i think!)
Thought you mighter done as your flash version was nearly complete and only took you 5 minutes , lol

well yes was a great success for me made my game 100 times better , and im very pleased with the outcome , a kinda game that could come out of mario party maybe , well along them lines ..
dont know how you can draw so well , fantastic .
well thanks for calling me a programmer , ive only been doing it for a short while , can be very frustrating at times but with you graphics it was well worth it
thought i may re-wite this again when im sitting doing nothing , dont know when but i think i will do , just to get it completely right..

with playbasic these types of games look and seem fairly easy to do , i know they are quite simple ( well when im not pulling my hair out ) and they dont really show how powerfull playbasic really is and what i can do , the right kinda game could be fun to play without graphic thrills playbasic offers..

so for the time being im gonner stick to these types of games i think

ok thanks again BlinkOk for graphics , the lastest ones are very nice indeed , you managed to get them even better and only if i knew how to do the anti-alising you may have had a chance to show off even better graphic skills

the last game above still had 3 bugs , one being that you could hit any egg , haha . so i hope i have fixed all bugs now , so i will only post souce code you can just add gfx from above links or game to play
the souce code proberly aint much good to some people as im all over the place still , just cant do it right yet ,
Quotelooking forward to the next release
think ile go back to snake game see how that goes , but can see problems with that for me ,
i think up of another pick up n drop game , a to do game

thanks all

BlinkOk

no worries mick. it was fun.
this is prolly coz i'm on a later release  ::) but none of the transparency is working.
no worries though. i got the older version

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

sorry wrong code , ive replaced with peoper one

kevin

Mick,

The final game seems to have come together pretty well, will certainly have to add this one to the UW homepage I think.   It's a pity my niece isn't here,  this is something she'd enjoy. 

Had a look see at the code, and well yeah, there's room for improvement :)

while flipping through, I noticed one error in this line

nails=(m)=newsprite (54+sp+h1(m),10+h2(m),nail)

I think you meant

nails(m)=newsprite (54+sp+h1(m),10+h2(m),nail)

micky4fun

hi Kevin

yes with BlinkOk's help with graphic's made this game better than it proberly is ,
by all means amend any of the code as you feel fit to do ,  as i know its pretty untidy. i think its bug free now apart from that =
looking back at it now i sould have moved the eggs in different positions rather than move the chicks and egg tops around , this would have made it easier to program i think , and also a type array with all details of egg, eggtop , bird etc now looks they way i sould have gone.

sorry i did not use your file image loader , maybe you could do this if your going to put it on the UW homepage

yes its a kids game i suppose ,  but does get quite hard after 6 levels or so

thanks again all

kevin

In order to set up a page, you'll have to write the description copy and make sure the files are up to date.  Email it, or post it so i can set it up

check out some of the others an idea of what's required

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

Ok i will do that soon , im off on holiday any minute now for a week so when i get back ile sort all that out and make sure its 100% complete and fully tested before posting all info

thanks Kevin

back in a week

micky4fun

Quotein fact i reckon if you were to rewrite this same program again, right now, it would take you only a
fraction of the time you have spent on it to date.

ahh , well back from holidays yesterday , did a few hours testing game and it still has a bug in it i cant find , so im doing just as BlinkOk said above , ive started again , the code is slightly different than version with bug in , did quite a bit today so in a few days sould be all done . i think i can save at least 100 lines of code this new way , plus make it 100% working ..
i had a good think while on holiday and think im maybe rushing to much , i sould practice experiment with more programming before writing more games as it my programming letting me down , as i have lots and lots of games i want to do , but all beyond my programming ability at the moment..
ok ile post new code when done ..

Kevin , ile post all files when im sure its 100% as dont want to post a 99% version on UW homepage

kevin

Quoteive started again

I'll might have a go also :)

Quotei had a good think while on holiday and think im maybe rushing to much , i sould practice experiment with more programming before writing more games as it my programming letting me down

Hmm....  That sure sounds familiar :)

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

QuoteI'll might have a go also

yes please do try and find time to do so , will look forward to your version

I think im only rushing because i just got so much i want to do and try out , so many commands i want to learn and try , PlayBasic is like an aladins cave ..

ps ..   just finished the new version , just testing now , save 200 lines of code this new way