News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Cracking on for easter , game now released

Started by micky4fun, February 22, 2009, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

micky4fun

QuoteGood work.  I haven't even started
well no were as busy as you are with site Kevin so gives me more time , anyway ive added a pause function to it just right click mouse button to pause and left click to continue , also what ever you scored by hitting the chick floats up the screen from that chick , as BlinkOk's demo a good few posts back , well all looks and plays ok , another day testing tomorrow and ile post it up

mick :)

kevin

Spent a bit of time tinkering with it last night and today.  Not on the game,  just converting the images.  As such, have a found a few well hidden oddities in one of the libraries. 

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

QuoteAs such, have a found a few well hidden oddities in one of the libraries.
i take it you meen the hammer sprite im using for collision detection ?

ok ive fully tested this so here's the latest version , all files are uptodate , ile sort out instructions and write the description copy in the next day or 2 and post it , but for now here it is below

thanks

kevin

Quotei take it you meen the hammer sprite im using for collision detection ?

Nah,   There's a few size issues, so some of the frames should really be resized, to trim any dead pixels.  The Wind animation is a good example of this. Each frame in this animation is  640K (in memory), so the animation costs 640*18= 10240K (10meg) .   An overhead older computers can't really afford.

What I was mainly tinkering with, was a way of automatically building Alpha channels for the foreground sprites.   Which can be seen in the picture bellow, although i've intensionally over accentuated it, so they look like ghosts.   

BlinkOk

if you want alpha channels i can easily re-render the sprites with 24bit alpha

kevin

24bit for the Alpha channel is overkill.  8bit is fine. 

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

ahh see what you meen , maybe another way of doing wind effect then , most pc's these days have gfx cards that have a minium of 32 meg , ahh i remember my first pc with 512k gfx card , i take it i cant play it on that then , haha

ile leave the alpha channel stuff to the experts as i have no idea about that at all yet , but i can see the effect your talking about and it looks quite good.

i look forward to your code..

BlinkOk

Quote24bit for the Alpha channel is overkill.  8bit is fine. 
i disagree. 8bit produces jagged edges and trying to fix that up on the fly rather than letting an image app do it just doesn't make sense.

kevin

Pixel intensities (A,R,G,B) are only 8bit.  The extra bits are lost..

BlinkOk

if you get it looking as good as the flash one i'll believe you

kevin

Well, if you know better, do it yourself.   

kevin

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

yes this is the final version , by the way the link to the game at top of forums , news: is linking Simple Map Maker For PlayBasic  and not this game

im still mucking around , i have'nt stopped , how can i as its so adictive , heres a screen shot of my latest simple game , old atari 400/800 favourite