Main Menu

Sprite Demo

Started by LemonWizard, February 26, 2010, 06:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonWizard

This is nifty and it's not a complete project.. I was just messing around

just to demonstrate to some people what PB is capable of, here's some...sort of Snes esque...effect with animating a variety of kirby sprites.

really you could make your game look really good if you had great sprites...

people should always keep in mind that sprites and images graphical layering, 90% of it in the industry is done in a paint application.
the rest, is all coding about only 10% of a game is really coding when you think about the media going into it..

well I could be wrong but meh.. that's how I see it
I spend more time putting media together most of the time
YAY! ... the demo

kevin

The visuals are like an attractive person appearance, and the code is like the personality.  One without the other, doesn't really work..

I notice you're using ScrollIMage during the refresh,  which seems to work ok, but you'll get the same effect using Tileimage

So This,

scrollimage backdrop, 10, 0
        drawimage backdrop, 0, 0, 0

Becomes,

ScrollX#=Mod(ScrollX#+10,GetImageWidth(BackDrop))
  TileIMage BackDrop,ScrollX#,0,false

LemonWizard

Yeah I'll have to try the tileimage thing.
Thanks Kevin.

u9

Quote from: LemonWizard on February 26, 2010, 06:49:49 AM...
people should always keep in mind that sprites and images graphical layering, 90% of it in the industry is done in a paint application.
the rest, is all coding about only 10% of a game is really coding when you think about the media going into it..

well I could be wrong but meh.. that's how I see it
I spend more time putting media together most of the time
YAY! ... the demo

auch! i would think it was the opposite. On all the projects i have worked on, including professional ones, we have had at least twice as many programmers than artists. If there is anything a game producer needs to know it is that the game is bound by the "bandwidth" of the programmers, more than anything else :)