Beta V1.1 Visual Editor Download here

Started by LemonWizard, February 25, 2009, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonWizard

Introducing an update to my project....and something worth looking at...erm sort of.[/b]

Basically this is what I had introduce as my idea. It's going to lead to a 2d game engine system. For now it's a directional configuration program to be used in a MASSIVELY large text based game my friend wants to create.

I finally have the use of images down PAT. ^_^
It's nice and smooth. I love it.

Here's a shotty:

That was before the LAST update.
I think it looks nifty.
Oh another note, it runs in full screen mode.
Opinions... etc? It'd be nice. :)

LemonWizard

Update... on project..
figure it out if you want. I'll make a manual later.

kevin

I've no idea what i'm doing, but it seems pretty good.

LemonWizard

Thanks Kevin. I'll post a manual with the next update...

I'm thinking that if I add other features this could be a great tool that alot of PlayBasic users could benefit from.

Just a tip.
The eye icon loads, the chest icon saves.
You can load and save the data ^_^

Makeii Runoru

Wait a minute...

So every cell in the grid stands for a room in a text-based game? So if you happen to walk into one of those cells with the North and South arrows, would it say something like "Exits are NORTH and SOUTH?"
This signature is boring, and could be improved. However, the user of this signature doesn't need a fancy signature because he or she doesn't really care for one.

LemonWizard

Something to that yes. Though I have to work out some array bugs.. I'm contemplating changing the array system I'm using because it's hard to assign a numerical index to a room right now...

Makeii Runoru

I wonder... What about floating-point indexes?

0.0 could be the topleft room... and you could span the floating decimals up to the thousandths. or something.

Or you could assign rooms as a type. perhaps something like

type t_room
-- x
-- y
-- z(?)
-- id

contents(16) `pointer array to objects inside of the room
door(6) `flags for whether or not a player can exit this room (elements 4/5 = up/down floor)
endtype

Dim Room(20,20,20) as t_room
This signature is boring, and could be improved. However, the user of this signature doesn't need a fancy signature because he or she doesn't really care for one.