News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

help files

Started by stef, October 22, 2005, 07:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stef

Greetings!

First of all I must say, that PB seems to be very powerful and interesting.
The demos and examples are very useful.

But inth helpfiles are a lot of mistakes in the sourcecodes like "wait key" instead of "waitkey" or missing wrong parameters.

In the example source of "DrawOrderedSprites" are 2 errors cause a missing "then" and a wrong "endif". If you fix this, it still doesnt work, cause the function returns "ThisImag" instead of "ThisImage".
That's laboriously.

And a question:
Is there a command like "ShiftShape", that I can youse for sprites ( as pivot for rotation)?

Greetings
docgen

Excuse MY bad syntax and bad english knowledges!

kevin

Hi Stef,

Welcome, thanks for the feedback.  You've actually uncovered a bug in ther doc creator.

QuoteBut inth helpfiles are a lot of mistakes in the sourcecodes like "wait key" instead of "waitkey" or missing wrong parameters.

In the example source of "DrawOrderedSprites" are 2 errors cause a missing "then" and a wrong "endif". If you fix this, it still doesnt work, cause the function returns "ThisImag" instead of "ThisImage".
That's laboriously.

So is writing 920 pages of docs :)

There are two types of examples, tutorial tid-bits and project base examples.

Your not actually meant to the cut & paste source examples into the IDE.  If you look bellow the example code box, you'll see the link "DrawOrderedSprites\DrawOrderedSprites.pbp"   Click the link to load the project into the ide direct. Which works fine

These issues above are caused when the project/source files are being formatted in the html doc builder.

QuoteAnd a question:
Is there a command like "ShiftShape", that I can youse for sprites ( as pivot for rotation)?

SpriteHandle
CenterSpriteHandle
AutoCenterSpriteHandle

take your pick

stef

Hi!

Thanks for fast replying.
I havèn't realized the command "spritehandle". That's exactly what I mean.Seems to be useful.

Btw. In the examples of "spritehandle": comand is "GetSpriteHandleX" not "GetSpriteXHandle".(same is Y)

Greetings
stef