News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

PLayBasic for Commercial Apps

Started by Sad Professor, October 27, 2005, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad Professor

Hi there, I'm not new to programming (C/DBPro /Net Yaroze experience) but new to Playbasic  and I'm considering using it on a title I am about to develop which will be released commercially.  

It seems to be extremely fast for 2D gfx and will perform well on lower spec machines, but I wondered if anyone reason why it couldnt be used to develop a commercial product.  For example do you have to pay royalities on any games sold to the PB team and do you have to display the playbasic splash screen in your application (which all the code I have seen so far tends to do).  

Any help and advice grealty appreciates.

empty

QuoteFor example do you have to pay royalities on any games sold to the PB team and do you have to display the playbasic splash screen in your application (which all the code I have seen so far tends to do).
No, if you have the full version of PlayBasic, you don't have to display the PlayBasic splash screen and you don't have to pay any royalties.

kevin

Prof,

Quote(which all the code I have seen so far tends to do).

This only occurs in the PB demo.