News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Scancode -> Ascii code?

Started by Draco9898, October 28, 2005, 06:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

Any easy way to do this? I'm trying to show the user what key he/she pressed in a string /acii form?

Oh I'm being silly, just use Inkey$...my bad :) trying to make it more complicated then I thought. But I'm still wondering because I'm storing keys using Scancodes and need to show these scancodes like inkey$()?
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

I've got a code (some palce) that converts scancodes to Key Names.  Which would be useful for allowing users to customize controls

The problem with using INkey$() for that would be it only returns ASCII codes.  All though keys return nothing.

Draco9898

That's exactly what I'm doing kevin, custom controls...Considering most people are probably going to find the layout I like a tad wackey...
I guess I could just store both Scancode and inkey versions...or I could make a giant look-up table :P
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

empty

I've posted in example that shows how to retrieve the name of keys here:
Key names from Scancode