News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

fruit squash

Started by micky4fun, August 07, 2010, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

hi thanks guys , i will give a recovery program a go , the photos are the main things , got game back to were i was , just trying some gfx stuff at the mo

yep thanks for the back up server links as well , with give that a go to

only good thing to come out of it if anything is that windows 7 seems better than vista

thanks again to all you guys , great stuff

mick ;D

micky4fun

Hi all

hooray , got most of my photos back off of pc , thanks guys and backing up stuff to D drive , but will give the server a go asap

well did quite a bit of my game , mainly graphic wise , amazing how much time this part takes me , mainly because im crap at it , haha

dont know how BlinkOk does this so good and so quick

not got a playable demo to show you at the mo , but heres a few screen shots
will get back to it asap

mick :)

kevin

Looks great mick.

BlinkOk

looking very slick mucky dude. nice work

micky4fun

Hi all

just a quick update , i will get some more done this weekend , just trying to get a timer sorted out in game

here the latest demo to look at
http://rapidshare.com/files/419801981/game8.rar

thanks all

kevin

This new version is looking good, there's a few nice presentation elements appearing also which are nice. These days to seem to be all about representation these days.   I like the controls, they feel pretty intuitive.  But are you going to allow vertical swapping or not ?   Looking at the code I'm still bemused why you're not using a 2d array for the board. 

micky4fun

Hi All

QuoteThis new version is looking good
yep trying to put in a bit more time with this one , not so much of a rush job
QuoteBut are you going to allow vertical swapping or not ?
well i have tried , i just cant seem to get the new tiles to drop properly , not for trying spent days trying to do it
but i didnt want to spend anymore time with this and continued the game , if all goes well will come back to this at the end
QuoteLooking at the code I'm still bemused why you're not using a 2d array for the board
err dont know if i could worked it out that way , i just went a way that seem to work for me

at the moment im doing the timer bar which will double up as a suction fan that gets the gold nuggets(coal) and other coal out of the carts to the serface (top of screen) after the carts are fall , that way the sane carts can be used on other levels,
i am also trying to vary the levels so they dont seem the same all the time ,
still lots to do , will get more time tomorrow now , bit by bit its getting there

micky4fun

Hi all

well another day , got some more done , so heres where i am now , a bit further into game , going roughly the way i want it to ,
hopefully will do bits and bobs over the week , so next post proberly weekend

latest here
http://rapidshare.com/files/420228608/game8.rar

micky4fun

hi all

another week passes , ok did a fair bit weekend , still lost to do , a few slight bugs and some trimming down to do , will do a printout to help do the trim down ,
but heres a playable demo , you need to get 60 nuggets or more to play the same level again
you can move as many times you like at the moment
anyway here it is at
http://rapidshare.com/files/421515793/game8.rar

BlinkOk

very well done. i like the timer thing. it really adds pressure and tension. still trying to get 60 nuggets!

micky4fun

hi all

Quotevery well done. i like the timer thing. it really adds pressure and tension. still trying to get 60 nuggets!
yep its coming  along slowly , trimed code down slightly , still more gfx's to do , decided to have a sucking tunnel each side , this will come into effect more later levels in the game , may make it more easier , anyway see how it goes

ok back to game

micky4fun

Hi all

well did some more this weekend , ile do more all this week as i have a bit of spare time , the game is now about 50% complete i would say , the scoring , sound and levels to do now

ok heres a demo of it in action now , with a few loose ends

http://rapidshare.com/files/422949060/gold_rush.rar

thanks
mick ;D

OldNESJunkie

Geez, do you ever sleep or do anything besides PlayBASIC ?? You kick out more stuff in 1 yr than I have in 10, guess I'm just lazy....

micky4fun

hi all

QuoteGeez, do you ever sleep or do anything besides PlayBASIC
well at the moment i just cant seem to find any spare time , as this game is only about 50% complete , but if i had the time could easy spend all day with playbasic , i just love it
xmas is coming fast , so i hope to get this finished by then

mick ;D