Main Menu

TIP: Indenting and macro keys

Started by cybermind, August 25, 2014, 07:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybermind

Hi, I have small useful tip if you have a keyboard with macro keys and you indent a lot :-)

I have 6 macro keys where I can record key combos. The first 3 I use for tab indenting, the first one has the following key combo recorded: Arrow key down, home, tab. That gives me quick way of indenting a lot of lines one tab. The next two macro keys could be the same but with 2 tabs and 3 tabs, then you can indent 1, 2 or 3 tabs quickly on many lines.

I also have macro keys for removing indents. In PlayBasic editor it seems straight forward and you could make it like this: Arrow key down, home, delete. This works fine in PlayBasic editor but other editors might place the cursor at the beginning of the code/text on that line and NOT at the very beginning before the first tab. A workaround here is: Arrow key down, end, home, home, delete. This will first take the cursor to then end of the line, then at the beginning of the code/text and then at the very beginning before the tabs, then finally delete 1 tab.

Again, I can make this with 1, 2 or 3 delete of tabs on 3 different macro keys.

I hope someone can use this :-)