Main Menu

preparefx images

Started by stevmjon, February 19, 2006, 06:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevmjon

greetings

i have looked around the forum, but i can't find the query i am after.

can i apply several fx modes to the same image on the same sprite?

eg. i want to first keep original image as is, then i want to copy it and increase size, then add colour, then fade, then blur, then put this back over original image.

i tried doing this, but with each spritedrawmode change i made, it lost the last fx, and it only applied the current fx. i also tried copying the image to a blank one, but it wouldn't draw to it, even though i used rendertoimage. can you use rendertoimage after screen and maps are made? i can't for some reason doing this. i am using v1.089c . i also used a second sprite for new image, but i can't apply all the effects i want to it.

any help would be great. :huh:

to stef

you mentioned how to apply a glow effect to a sprite in another post. could you put up a small demo. i tried to do it, but when i applied blur, i lost transparency, and it filled in with the glow colour i applied before blur.

i must be doing something wrong with all of this. my head is spinning. i am losing focus.....can't...reach...mouse...but..ton...

thanks stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

stevmjon

i feel embarassed, but i took some extra time to look deeper at my code and some examples, and i worked out what i didn't do. :blink:

for drawing to a new image, i needed to add 'drawgfximmediate' before the command 'rendertoimage' , because i was using 'capturetoscreen' in the do-loop.

i can now apply fx to the sprite, draw it to the created image, grab it, apply new fx, draw it to a new image,grab it, etc, etc.

i can sleep now, and finally get on with coding. :rolleyes:

stevmjon  :D
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.