Main Menu

hi to all

Started by new-be-new, June 23, 2005, 07:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new-be-new

:)  
Well, hello to all. i take a look into PlayBasic and discovered that it is familiar to AMOs, the basic i used on my Amiga!
Expect more posts from me, unfortunately im afrait it will be more like "help me, help me.." :) but this part of forum is for that, isnt it?! heheh

Im still on Demo version, but if i find it "suitable" for me, ill buy it!

Thats all for this first post....

Stay good and greetings from Croatia

C Ya

Phoenix229
NON BENE PRO TOTO LIBERTAS VENDITUR AURO!!!
Dubrovnik

new-be-new

...eh i almost forgot....

I mentioned Amiga....

....good old Amiga....

New Amiga will need a good development application for games...
Any chance of porting PlayBasic to Amiga OS?
There were plenty of AMOS programmers and this will be a huge PUSH for them and Amiga.

Sorry for offtopic, Admin, move this post/replay if you think this is not place for it!

....im off..

thanx for listening/"reading"
NON BENE PRO TOTO LIBERTAS VENDITUR AURO!!!
Dubrovnik

kevin

QuoteWell, hello to all.

Welcome

Quotei take a look into PlayBasic and discovered that it is familiar to AMOs, the basic i used on my Amiga!

yeah in some places it's similiar, it's others it not.  

QuoteExpect more posts from me, unfortunately im afrait it will be more like "help me, help me.." smile.gif but this part of forum is for that, isnt it?! heheh

Fire away.  :)

QuoteAny chance of porting PlayBasic to Amiga OS?
There were plenty of AMOS programmers and this will be a huge PUSH for them and Amiga.

We've thought about retargeting PB programs previously and it's something that I'd like also.    Ideally, as it'd open up the project a lot more if users could  build / retarget builds to different platforms.  We're mostly interested in mobile technologies though.   But _If_ it proves possible for or those, then the same principle  could be used for pretty much any platform.

stevmjon

to new-be-new

hi there.  i used to program in amos back in early 90's. i loved it then, but pc's took over and i stopped using amos on my amiga. i was disappointed.
 6 months ago i searched around for another program and found playbasic. i myself are very happy with playbasic, and i can now finally make my game.
 amos was limited to no. of colours, and everything seemed very manual for your game creation. playbasic has a lot of nice features to make coding easier, i found.
  setting up was a little confusing in playbasic at first, but it made sense later on. it offers building maps with levels, and worlds, or a combination of both. the camera feature is very timesaving too. it takes care of sprites, drawing order and everything. in playbasic itself, the help section has a lot of examples, and there are plenty of example code as well.
  i am enjoying my game creation and i hope you will too. :lol:

from stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

Mick Berg

Hi.
My story is exactly the same, my first computer was an Amiga, but I had to give it up for a PC because of peer pressure. I loved AMOS, and went through Klik'n'Play, Multimedia Fusion, (what a train-wreck!) and Dark Basic before I found PlayBasic. Now I'm trying to replicate what I did in AMOS ten years ago! I miss the AMOS "VUMeter" command, which let your characters dance to the beat of the music. How about it, Kevin??