All Sourcen (Graphics, Sounds, Fonts) in one EXE?

Started by Big C., March 05, 2006, 11:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big C.

Hi,

has PB the possibility to compile all graphic-, sound- and fontfiles of a project in one EXE-File?

If not how can i do that? Has somone some codesnippet?

In PureBasic i can do following...

If CatchSound(15, ?FighterThrustSound) = 0
   Error("Sounddateien können nicht geladen werden!")
EndIf
If CatchSound(16, ?FighterShotSound) = 0
   Error("Sounddateien können nicht geladen werden!")
EndIf

DataSection
FighterThrustSound:
 IncludeBinary "sounds\fighter_thrust.wav"
FighterShotSound:
 IncludeBinary "sounds\fighter_shot.wav"
EndDataSection

Greetings Big C.

thaaks

It's on the feature request list - we'll see if it comes some day.

Right now I only know about Molebox which is a commercial product and can do what you want Molebox.

Hope that helps,
Tommy

Big C.

Tommy, thanks for your answer, however, I think, that tool is for a hobby programmer like me too expensive ... That would not be profitable for me ...  ;)

When I was today in Internet on the search for an answer to my question, I encountered the (login required) or the newer Version (login required) ... Unfortunately the BBCruncher supports until now only BlitzBasic and PureBasic.

Perhaps somebody has an idea ...

Big C.

Ian Price

As far as I'm aware, MoleBox is the only one that supports any and all languages. I myself use BlitzMedia Linker and it's great.

MoleBox is indeed way too expensive for the hobby gamer.

However, there is a Blitz datapacker that has it's source code readily available - it's called Terabit DataPak. More info HERE

I don't know if it works on all .EXEs or just Blitz though, but perhaps you could port it to PB?
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Tracy

QuoteI myself use BlitzMedia Linker and it's great.

Ian: do you mean that you use Blitzmedia for PB and it works great, or for some other program and it works great?

Big C.

QuoteIan: do you mean that you use Blitzmedia for PB and it works great, or for some other program and it works great?

I think Ian has a version of BlitzBasic and so he uses Blitz Media Linker for his Blitz-Projects.. Blitz Media Linker supports until now all Blitz-Versions and Purebasic (Play basic is not still unfortunately so known, but the community could work on that  ;)  ). Please look at my upper post.

Big C.