Main Menu

Animation problem

Started by spw, June 18, 2007, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spw

I was checking out the demo version and I ran the Animation_ImageStrips example that was included.
When I ran it, it showed a white box with blue horizontal lines blinking on each of the asteroids. I'm assuming this is not what it is supposed to look like. I modified the image name and tried another image and it did the same thing.
Anybody know whats wrong?

kevin

What kind of machine do you have ?

spw

I'm using a completely stock Emachines T3990. Celeron D335, 256MB Ram, Intel Extreme Graphics 3D onboard video.

kevin

try adding this to the top of of the progran

OpenScreen 800,600,16,2

also, what display depth is your desktop set to ?

spw

I added the code and now it plays full screen and the boxes have red and blue in them.
My display is set at 1024 x 768 32

kevin

Is it just this particular example ?

spw

I tried a similar piece of code I found in the forum that animated the image on a white background without moving it. I used a different image and it did the same thing.
The image had 12 frames. When i slowed down the fps it looked like it was animating the first frame, then the white box, then a black box, and then the first frame of the third row on the image.

kevin

I meant the included examples see ->projects/demos/

spw

I tried most of the examples and that is the only 1 that didn't work. As far as I can tell, it is the only 1 that read multiple frames from a single image and then animated them except for the 2D scroller which actually runs fine.