Main Menu

Aquarius

Started by Draco9898, August 04, 2007, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

>The gui for the level editor is turning out nice, simple and elegant.

Turned the drop-down menus into a flavor of "buttons" you can add to trays/etc. Added scrolly bars in vertical and horizontal flavors.

The buttons, you can put into the trays and the Xlocation, Ylocation, Ysize is automatically handled for you. If the button is a drop-down menu, the tray will handle the drop-downs just like the windows GUI (I.E: if you click and scroll off the tray, the menu stays open. Or you can click a menu and scroll thru them using the mouse/etc).
Or if you don't want the buttons to go into a tray, you can just assign them a tray zero and put them where-ever.

Working on scroll bar functionality/pop-up windows right now
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

Looks like it coming along swimmingly.   One word of advice is to ensure that the GUI knows the what gadget has focus and is receiving input.  So clicks, key strokes outside of the gadget won't change focus.  In particular when something is being dragged, or changing and the mouse moves outside of the gadgets boundary. 

Draco9898

go go gadget- I should have used type collections

Well, it got kinda messy with the dialog window as I had to make sure if one is open the buttons/etc only respond if they are owned by said window. Not pretty. Render order was pretty straight-forward, Cursor > windowgadgets > Window >Everything else.

The GUI logic code is also getting really huge.

You have to create a dialog window before it opens and you must attach buttons/whatevers to it after you create it.

Update: Forget it, I'm not doing this without type collections. It's getting so messy. Going to watch this slowly come back to life after I recode it real quick...yuck.

DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Draco9898

Putting humpty-dumpty back together again.

Currently recoding all the GUI stuff to work with Type collections, which will hopefully make this ALOT easier and less of a pain the the <insert word here>.

kevin

You really don't need collections for a GUI, nor does it need to 'elegant' if it's just for you're own use.  For in house tools, just slap a version together and evolve the bits over time.  It's too easy to blow mountains of time and motivation on things just aren't important.