Archery Simulator

Started by servogod85, April 30, 2012, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

servogod85

Hi I posted some screenshots of my latest game I made with Play Basic. I haven't finished the menu yet and the highest score chart need to be implemented, but the core concept of it is done. I will upload the game  ASAP.

servogod85

Here is the download link, I think it should work. Anyhow, let me know if you have problems.

One other thing, the big target is supposed to show you where your arrow hit, but it still needs to be done

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhz15ay6ko98szs/Archery%20Simulator%20Demo.rar

ATLUS

servogod85, looks very funny Simulator, but i dont know how is run this =/, i run ArcherySimulatoreDemo.exe and fast close windows.

servogod85

yes, you're right...for some reason I think it didn't upload right..I will give a new link and I will compress it in a rar file

As for the simulator part, well it's not really a simulator, just a simple archery game. I just have no idea what name to give it

servogod85

I think I found out why it just quick closes. If i run the program from the project folder where all the source code is found, then it workds finely. But if i move the .exe game from the project folder, it does the quick close. I figure that it needs the extra files the compiler generates in order to run. So i put all the compiler generated file along with the .exe in a single folder, but it still doesn't run...il upload the all the source code and the images so that you can run it from playbasic yourself.

here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhz15ay6ko98szs/Archery%20Simulator%20Demo.rar

ATLUS

servogod85, now work well!!!  :) This is really fun ;D

Good work!!!

so arrow fly some wrong center:

kevin

QuoteI think I found out why it just quick closes.

Have you included your media with previous release ?,  because it won't work without it.

servogod85

So, when I deploy the code, and i choose the destination folder, it doesnt create my exe in that folder, but in the project folder. If I want to move the exe file, what else should i put in the new folder? That is, what do i need to include in the new folder along with the exe in order to make it run properly?

never mind i found a thread from another user who said to just copy the project filed onced deployed and then just take out the files that aren't necessary for the exe to run.    ;D

servogod85

I updated the demo download llink i provided in the previous thread. The arrow should work fine and i added the bullseye funtion, so you should see where it landed on the larger target. The problem is, I got the math mixed up, so I'll be working on that for now

ATLUS

Yes, now arrows fly well.

My arrow in picture on red circle, on target below re circle.

servogod85

hehe I know ;D sadly, i planned poorly for this part of the game, because i didn't plan to rotate the arrow in my original version.This would make designing the bigger target much easier. By adding the cool fact that the arrow rotates, I added to the complexity.However, I decided to worry about that when I actually got to that point, and here I am! I will fix this problem ASAP

servogod85

Ok i made a small update. I made a new simulator for the arrow flight, which is much more precise. In short, the angle of the arrow is adjusted according to the precise laws of physics. I included the code along with the program, but I think it is pretty sloppy. I will use this in the final version of the Game. I wanted to incorporate it in the game yesterday, but I think that it would be best if I rewrite the whole game. Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdfq1tkwte9jv5m/Moto%20del%20Proiettile.rar

Here instead are some screenshots of the simulator

ATLUS

servogod85