News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

PlayBASIC V1.62 BETA (Retail Compiler Only Beta)

Started by kevin, January 06, 2007, 09:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.62  (Retail Compiler Only Beta) - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

PlayBASIC V1.62 is today's WIP beta of PB.   This release  includes next major shift to the VM2 runtime with virtually all of the VM1 string engine being ported to the VM2.  It's not 100% running on VM2 atm though. Some functions are still VM1 generation and need replacing.  Stuff  like SplitToArray() and most of the string related disc commands come to mind. Obviously in those cases you won't get any major performance improvements ATM.  Until i rewrite them.

I ended up delaying this beta couple of days in the hope of making a viable replacement for the existing release. While i know it won't be 100%. I'm expecting about 80->90% functionality.  Catching the remaining faults now will require running a LOT more code through it.

Download

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.62b  (Retail Compiler Only Beta) - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

PlayBASIC V1.62b is today's WIP beta of PB.     This is eagerly awaited sequel to beta 1.62 :)   The main changes from the previous release are improved stability of the new string engine,  more Vm1->Vm2  translations (less conversion)  and some more situational optimizations regarding strings.  

Stability wise i'm expecting this version to be  95->100%.  The only things that come to mind that don't work are capturing strings with Text/Print commands.

Like all beta's, it's critical we run as much code through this edition as humanly possible.  Finding problems later on, it's much more difficult (time consuming!).   So TEST IT NOW !

Download

kevin

PlayBasic V1.62c  Retail Upgrade  - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

This release patches the existing PB1.089c / PB1.33 & PB1.44 retail releases, plus all of the subsequent retail patches (v1.11 up to 1.61c) to the current retail release version of PBV1.62c.

Release PB1.62c  includes  the Compiler and the Release & Debug Runtimes.   The main changes are of course the VM2 string engine, plus some late tweaks to the file stream back end.  While the string engine is ready for a real kicking, but the File stream stuff is in, but not really hooked up yet.  The new File Stream code has been opt'd from the ground up for the VM2 Memory manager + string engine.     I haven't bench marked those yet, but I think we can safely say, they'll be faster too :)

Warning You should be aware that this edition represents a lot of  low level changes from PB1.61c. Thus, It's certainly possible (likely even) that some bugs have been missed during the past two weeks of development.   If you find a show stopper... Don't panic, just post the fault with example if need be,  so I can reproduce it !

For more information about PlayBasic, please visit the Play Basic home page, download the demo and dive right on in..

Url: www.PlayBasic.com

Download

kevin

PlayBasic V1.63  (Retail Compiler Only Beta) - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

PB V1.63 is today's WIP beta of PB.    This version restores the functionality of the ASC() function when passed null strings.

Download

kevin

PlayBasic V1.63b _Retail Patch_ is Now Available

This release patches the existing PB1.089c / PB1.33 & PB1.44 retail releases, plus all of the subsequent retail patches (v1.11 up to 1.62c) to the current retail release version of PBV1.63b.

Release PB1.63b includes PB Compiler, plus Release + Debug Runtimes. This is release address various teething problems found in the String Engine migration.  

Warning You should be aware that this edition represents a lot of low level changes from PB1.61.  It's certainly possible (likely even) that bugs have been missed during this translation.   If you find a show stopper... Don't panic, just post the fault with an example  so I reproduce it !

For more information about PlayBasic, please visit the Play Basic home page, download the demo and dive right on in..

Url: www.PlayBasic.com

Download

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.63c BETA (Retail Compiler Only Beta) - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

PB V1.63c is today's WIP beta of PB. This version has the replacement File Stream command set hooked up and ready for service.  (plus a few other tidbits :) )    This change should restore & improve file performance (depends on the situation really - much faster long string reading as least).   While I've tested all the commands and they appear to be working correctly,   As with any change/optimization session, comes the possibility of new gremlins appearing, which might only surface when running the in field..

Download

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.63e BETA (Retail Compiler Only Beta) - (Avail for Registered Users ONLY)

PlayBASIC V1.63e is today's WIP beta of PB. This version corrects an issue with the ASC function returning signed chr's from strings.

It also includes a new constant to help with building maps with animation

PBMapAnim_Mask

So when you poke an animation index into your level, you should OR the index with this constant.

ie

PokeLevelTile MyMap,MyLevel,Xpos,Ypos, MyAnimationIndex or PBMapAnim_Mask

Download