Main Menu

I'm confused Help!!

Started by DavidGervais, March 16, 2008, 04:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidGervais

Ok, what happened to the updates? I have V1.71f and all the updates talk about V1.63 what the heck happened? did the version number talk a giant step backwards? I'm very hesitant to 'downgrade version numbers' it's a suspicious thing. Kevin are you trying to drive me bonkers? LoL

Anyways, any insight you can give me about the version numbers now being lower than the installed (and updated) retail version would be much appreciated.

Cheers! :)
I'm a Fan, Are You?

kevin

See this FAQ

Also,  read my blog from Here (login required) 

nrasool

Hey Kevin, Is it possible to have both version 1.63 and 1.7x on one PC?

monkeybot

im doing it,seperate folders 'n all that

nrasool

cheers MonkeyBot, I thought you could do that. Many thanks

mark1972

hi to all, this is my first entry.  I love this software but since purchasing it approx 1 year ago i have found it crashes on my vista laptop occasionally.  Also, some of the games that come with playbasic stop with errors!!!  I just upgraded to the new version and still encounter these problems?!?!?!?  Can anyone help?

If no can suggest how to remedy this i may have to look at some other more intact software.

kevin

PB and PBFX are two completely different tools, while they're as similar as can be, they're also very different. As such, users shouldn't expect PB examples to work with PBFX or vice versa.   Moreover, using PBFX demands previous experience with PB.   We spend hundreds, if not thousands of hours detailing every design choice, and key difference during the development process.  As such, the forums are full of vital information on every virtually every transition during PB's growth. In particular  the private developer blogs, which all PB users are encouraged to read on a regular basis.  Once a year is not enough!

While it should be obvious,  My advice on getting the best out of PB/PBFX (or any language for that matter) is to be pro-active in your education and the community.    Which means,                  

* Reading the FAQ's

* Reading the Blog (login required)  !

* Following &  Reading the PB (login required) / PBFX (login required) Release & beta (login required) announcements & history files !    

* Reading the news letters

* Reading the IDE news feed in IDE

* Reading and participating in the forums.  (posting examples, questions/,  bug reports (login required) / requests etc etc).