Pseudo 3D/Mode7 in PlayBasic.

Started by kevin, August 02, 2006, 01:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Well, since Blink sent me some very cool ground textures + sprite anims, I'm going to try and quickly slap a bit of racing demo together. Dunno how much i'll get done in the allocated time, but what-ever it is that will have to do.

(login required)

kevin

So far i've set up the basic game scene and have moved onto mapping the racing line..  

(login required)

Ian Price

Looking forward to seeing this in action :D
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

kevin

PlayBASIC Racer Tech Demo

Here's the PB Racer tech demo.    Currently you don't actually play the game, you control the scene camera. Which can be a bit odd now, as i've wired some of the scene clipping to the camera orientation. Which during play the camera would only rotates around the Y axis.

The full source code is include, but you'll need at least PlayBASIC V1.46c (issued 2006) to compile and run it.

Download the PC Racer Tech Demo (login required)

kevin

Pic2

Draco9898

Not bad, I'd like to fiddle around with a kart racer, I always wanted to do this mode7 stuff...

Do you mind if I play with this? I saw the demo and it's very impressive...I thought it might chug along, but I was proven otherwise... ;D
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

kevin

I wrote it as a demonstration for PlayBASIC users.   Thus PlayBASIC users may use and abuse all they like.  Have fun !