News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Camera, Scenes, And Worlds!!!

Started by Scott_Bro, January 29, 2022, 05:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott_Bro

I am trying to learn new things in playbasic by studying topics I've never really coved. Currently, It's been Camera's, Scenes, And Worlds!!!
I am having trouble figuring out sliding collisions within worlds. Can some please help me figure out how to do this??? It mentions drawing line with world and special spritemode.
I'm a bit confused. So, please if someone can help me figure this out and understand it better it would help.
Thanks in advanced.

stevmjon

hey scott

i haven't actually used automatic sliding collisions before. i always manually do collisions and any sliding etc.
i guess automatic sliding collisions can be handy, but you do need to create lines/boxes as collision regions that the sprite will collide with.

but... in case you want to manually do this, i have a small demo here that i made ages ago, but has just enough code to focus on sliding collisions that i manually done. at least it gives you some options to look at, while you are researching this subject.
> in the demo, get the ball up to the top of the logs, then let go of the keys, and the ball will slide down the logs on its own till it hits the ground.

i might look more into this automatic process, as i am now interested in how it works too.

i hope your having fun coding this new year, have fun, stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

Scott_Bro

Thank you steven for your reply and demo project.  I still hope kevin can help me out understanding how playbasic handles Cameras, Scenes, And Worlds!!!

kevin

Just head up to search bar above and search for CreateCamera   and   NewCamera ..  Loads of examples on the forums