PlayBasic V1.64L Work In Progress Gallery

Started by kevin, February 23, 2010, 12:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

QuoteFrom my perspective, there are currently 3 versions, which, it seems, must be maintained independently. Is this efficient?

No, there's only one version of PlayBASIC.

LE editions are built directly from the PB retail sources.  

PBFX is completely different project.  

QuoteYou want to put the focus on the limited version. Why is this not a limited version with little effort variant of the retail version 1?

You've got that backwards! -  Building the Learning Edition is as easy as running the (newly updated) VM builder.  The bulk of the work is in going over the example packs & documentation etc.       While refreshing the LE is fair bit of work,  it's nothing comparing the work load & hardware testing that's required to get a threaded retail V1.64L to a release state.  

As outline in the blog (here for example) (login required)  The LE release is some 2 years (or more) behind.    We could delay the LE release another few months (more like 4 or 5), but without a fresh new update there's no traffic.. No traffic ='s no sales.. etc.  No sales ='s no more upgrades.  

QuoteVersion 1 should come to an end, but also contain a minimum of basic language elements, such as animated sprites as built-in commands and not
as Libary.

How many times do I have to say it,  All commands sets in the future will come as library's

QuoteVersion 2 would be the next stage of development. Build finished and making it independent of version 2 with eg real 3d art, 64-bit capability, open to multiple platforms or consoles, and possibly a new, free editor.

You're talking about 1000's of man hours to develop it, so who's paying for it ?

ATLUS

when something appears 2d Engine PlayBasic for C++ ?

kevin

So your asking when will there be a SDK version of the PB engine for C++  ?

ATLUS

Quote from: kevin on March 27, 2010, 01:31:44 PM

So your asking when will there be a SDK version of the PB engine for C++  ?

yes, I think after much expanded community

kevin