News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Copyimage etc

Started by tonyg, June 08, 2007, 05:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyg

Sorry if I am missing something obvious but how do you use CopyImage, BlurImage, mirrorimage etc for images loaded using LoadNewImage?

kevin

Something like this

MyImage=LoadNewImage(Filename$)

BlurImage MyImage, 10.0

DrawImage MyImage,100,100,true

Sync
waitkey

tonyg

thanks for that.
How would I use copyimage and mirrorimage?

kevin

erm..

handle=loadnewimage(file$)
MirrorImage Handle,1,1

handle=loadnewimage(file$)

DestImage=GetFreeImage()
CopyImage Handle,Destoimage

tonyg

Thanks again. It was the GetFreeImage that threw me. I was assuming it needed a getimagewdith/getimageheight followed by createimage which is a bit too cumbersome.
It's lucky you know your product as it's difficult and time consuming to work through the examples written for numeric indexes and the way the documentation is presented could be improved. It's true I could invest more time in finding out how your product works but, basically, I am only really interested in PBFX and bought PlayBasic to show some support in its development. Further, I wasn't planning on spending any time with Playbasic but responded to your request in another post to get more testing/feedback.

kevin

QuoteIt's lucky you know your product as it's difficult and time consuming to work through the examples written for numeric indexes and the way the documentation is presented could be improved.

erm..  Like ? 

tonyg

1) F1 on a keyword brings up the command set (i.e. Playbasic reference) when it would be nice to show me the reference for the command I highlighted. In fact, F1 simply redisplays the last Reference page referenced.
2) Commands in the Reference (and the examples) relate to using numeric indexes :
         e.g. CopyImage SourceImage, Destimage
    Without a bit of checking it's difficult to see how this works with 'alpha' indexes.
3) Finding commands is sometimes difficult, A complete alphabetical list would help.
Hope it helps.

kevin

Quote1) F1 on a keyword brings up the command set (i.e. Playbasic reference) when it would be nice to show me the reference for the command I highlighted. In fact, F1 simply redisplays the last Reference page referenced.

Works correctly here.  (post IDE bugs here

Quote2) Commands in the Reference (and the examples) relate to using numeric indexes :
         e.g. CopyImage SourceImage, Destimage
    Without a bit of checking it's difficult to see how this works with 'alpha' indexes.

Not our problem.

Quote3) Finding commands is sometimes difficult, A complete alphabetical list would help.

Doable,  but  If you don't know what your looking for, how does that help ?

tonyg

1)
QuoteWorks correctly here.  (post IDE bugs here
Updated to 1.63g and works OK there.
<edit> In fact if you double-click a command to highlight it the Playbasic reference is displayed. If you drag to select then it works as expected. Now I know what I'm doing it's 'not our problem'.
2)
QuoteNot our problem.
Wasn't posted as a problem just responded to your "erm.. like?" request for how I think the doc could be improved.
3)
QuoteDoable,  but  If you don't know what your looking for, how does that help ?
Scanning a complete list makes available commands stick for me. Doesn't matter though as I've found keywords.txt which has a full list.

From your responses I get the feeling I've annoyed you at some point.
If I have or I have got the wrong impression then I apologise.
If you're simply a grumpy old git then I don't.
:)

empty

QuoteUpdated to 1.63g and works OK there.
<edit> In fact if you double-click a command to highlight it the Playbasic reference is displayed. If you drag to select then it works as expected. Now I know what I'm doing it's 'not our problem'.
The help system looks where the caret (text cursor) is and in case it is "on" a command or function it will display the according help text. You don't need to select the whole word. In fact, if you do select it, make sure the caret isn't to the left of the word. In this case the help system might not recognise it.

QuoteFrom your responses I get the feeling I've annoyed you at some point.
If I have or I have got the wrong impression then I apologise.
If you're simply a grumpy old git then I don't.
... ;)

tonyg

Thanks empty. Guess it's just a habit I have got for double-clicking.