Assigning animation paths to sprites.

Started by Pinky007, July 23, 2005, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinky007

Hello,
I'm new to using Play Basic and I've not really played around at programming for about 15 years now (that was with AMOS / STOS), so I fell like I'm learning from scratch again.
I was wondering if there was a command / way to assign an (path) animation to a sprite (like a sin wave effect) so I could just call that animation and ignore it.  You could do this in AMOS / STOS if I remember correctly and was just wondering if there was an equivalent command in Play Basic?
It's just that I'm working on a simple puzzle game (columns type of game) and I would like to be able to have the bonus points float up from the disappearing blocks.

Also I would like the screen to rock slightly when blocks are removed (it seems easier then moving/sliding the other blocks down smoothly) with a little particle effect for a visual bonus.  Would using a camera be the best / simplest way of doing this?

Any help you can give would be of great help and I hope that lot made sense to you. :D

Cheers,

Pinky007

Draco9898

Yah, for shaking the screen, making a scene and having the camera itself shake would be the way to go...As for paths your just going to have to program your own routines to change the Numbers above the blocks and such, you could just keep decresing a Y value for that...
DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Pinky007

QuoteYah, for shaking the screen, making a scene and having the camera itself shake would be the way to go...As for paths your just going to have to program your own routines to change the Numbers above the blocks and such, you could just keep decresing a Y value for that...

Thanks for your help.