Cracking on for easter , game now released

Started by micky4fun, February 22, 2009, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

check this thread for rendering anti-aliased images.
Anti-aliasing
let me know how you go with it.

BlinkOk

just in case i made up 1bit transparency images as well. they look a bit jagged but i guess they work ok. different style really. kinna 8bit old skool type stuff.

Download images

BlinkOk

ok one bit chicken freezing anim (10 frames in all). if you combine this with a little programmed shake i think it will make for some good visual interest. if this is ok i'm not going to use the dead image. i think it's better that way seeing as this is more a young kid type game.

let me know what you think.

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

just had a quick look at images as on way to work now

yes they all look good to me ,
Quotei'm not going to use the dead image. i think it's better that way seeing as this is more a young kid type game.

yes thats seems a good idea as well
when i get home ile have a muck around with the title screen and see how it turns out , see if i can do it justice

thanks BlinkOk , ile check on p.c at work for any replies etc

mick :)

BlinkOk

ok we'll see how you go and then we can decide if we wanna go with the anti-aliased or 1bit images

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

sorry just a miss understanding by me i think , im at work had a spare 10 mins so was tickering about with front screen , is the chick sticking out of egg going to be stuff full out and 2 frame animation as if hes shivering , or is he popping up out of egg slowly

thanks

ps ,, got it hes shivering , will continue when i get home later

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

this is just the frontscreen of game , the play sprite with with outline was not in zip files you did for me
also did'nt know how to make mouse pointer change to little hand ? , so i can change it while over the play sprite

anyway heres file

i see what you meen about slightly jagged around images

thanks

BlinkOk

ok so you wanna go with the 1bit transparency rather that the anti-aliased?
i don't mind either way. it's up to you.
let me know and i'll crank out all the other stuff.
thanks

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

Well to be honest i aint got a clue yet on how to do anti-alising , i had a look at the link , but did not grasp it at all
i know that the graphics would look a lot nicer with that on

just did a search on 1 bit transparancy and got this back
Quote1-bit transparency, meaning pixels are either completely visible or completely invisible, with no middle ground.
and i take it that anti-alising is the 8 bit version with 256 fades on the edge of images , so a lot better

but im quite happy with the version i just used on screentest so if thats ok with you ile go with that

await your comments on that

thanks

BlinkOk

ok will go with the 1bit transparency. 1bit transparency means you specify a particular colour that is transparent. ie. the images you just worked with had magenta as their transparent colour.

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

I just change that to black in paint , so what sould i set imagemaskcolour to use magenta? so i can do it properly

thanks

BlinkOk

yeah set the mask colour to magenta r=255, g=0, b=255
here are almost all the images. still to do a fail screen and play again button. let me know if i missed anything.
you may need to make the hammer shadow transparent. say 50%. can you do that? it might work without transparency though.
Download images

sorry forgot the bg image for the gameplay;

BlinkOk

mickey.
can you make the transparency colour the colour of the pixel in the upper left hand corner of the image?
can you keep the filename/directory structure basically the same as i have in the delivered images? i think i can make some changes to smooth out the edges a little.

micky4fun

Hi BlinkOk

just downloaded images ,
Quotecan you make the transparency colour the colour of the pixel in the upper left hand corner of the image?
not to sure what you mean , set it to set the mask colour to magenta r=255, g=0, b=255

im of to work soon so ile try and do a little there and carry on tonight , going to take a little while i think

thanks mick :)

kevin

Here's a bit of code to load an Anim sequence into a "Bank".  You can then peek the frames out of the bank

path$="D:\Play_Basic\PBFX\Projects_Demos\_PB_Code_Examples_Site\Micky4Fun\Chickens\imagesv1_1\gameplay\birds\"

Dim Colours$(5)
Colours$(1)="BLue"
Colours$(2)="Cyan"

Dim AnimBanks(100)

For lp=0 to GetArrayelements(Colours$(),1)
Name$=Colours$(lp)
if Name$<>""
AnimBanks(lp)=LoadFrames(path$+Name$+"\","chick####.png")
endif
next

Do
Cls 0

if NextFrame<timer()
frameIndex=mod(FrameIndex+1,11)
Nextframe=Timer()+(1000/30)
endif

DrawFrame("Blue",FrameIndex,100,100,true)

DrawFrame("Cyan",FrameIndex,200,100,true)

Sync
loop

Function DrawFrame(Name$,FrameIndex,Xpos,Ypos,TransparentStatus)
Name$=lower$(name$)
For lp=0 to GetArrayelements(Colours$(),1)
if name$=lower$(Colours$(lp))
ThisBank=AnimBanks(lp)
ThisImage=PeekBankInt(AnimBanks(lp),FrameIndex*4)
drawimage ThisIMage,Xpos,Ypos,TransparentStatus
exit
endif
next

EndFunction

Function LoadFrames(path$,Filename$)
// crude # chr count
for lp=1 to Len(filename$)
inc  DigitsLength,mid$(filename$,lp,1)="#"
next
Hash$=Make$("#",DigitsLength)

Dim Frames(1000)

For lp=1 to 1000
f$=replace$(filename$,Hash$,digits$(lp,DigitsLength),1,false,false)
file$=Path$+f$
if FileExist(file$)
img=LoadnewFXImage(File$)
rendertoimage img
ImageMaskCOlour img,Point(0,0)
frames(framecount)=img
inc framecount
else
exit
endif
next
rendertoscreen