Main Menu

Text based game room editor WIP

Started by LemonWizard, March 22, 2010, 01:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonWizard

Okay.. well I had this project going about a year ago but this is a new incarnation of it. completely recoded.

The scrollbars don't work yet, and I'm having some issues with the expandable/un expandable portion of the room/item lists.

If somone could help me out with that portion of it, it'd be great. If you have questions about how it's supposed to work go ahead and ask. I'm sorry the code isn't really commented at this point.

I do want to show it off though because it is a WIP with an end goal in mind.

The okay button saves the work into a notepad .txt file as strings.
I haven't made it so that it can read the data in yet. I'm going to be doing that today probably..

My biggest irk right now with this is that I can't get the room and object listing to work properly..

Basic layout:

Okay button saves work. Work is saved into a text file in the folder Save called Save.txt I believe.
Right key and left key go through room list.
Up Key and down key go through object list BUT... only if the room has been expanded.
The spacebar expands the currently selected room.
As of now the rooms can only be expanded one at a time. I tried to have it list multiple rooms with expansions but the
selection system that I tried to make wouldn't let me scroll properly. I think I did something wrong with my math..

Anyways...
You right click on the room name to change the name of the room. A staticinput box will appear there.
And you right click in the Box directly left of the rooms list in order to change the room's description.
No other menu items work. You can also change object descriptions if you have an object highlighted by right clicking in the room description box directly left of the rooms list as well.
If this is confusing I'm sorry.
And yeah the scroll bars do not work so don't waste time trying to use them. They don't work yet...anyways.. *sigh*

If anyone wants to try to contribute to my WIP or improve the code please feel free to post your ideas and comments.
Later on I do plan on releasing the completed version as open source.. right now it's under dev. and I can use as much help as people are willing to offer. ^^; thanks. Have a good day.