News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

My first game idea.

Started by 2dgamestudio, November 11, 2008, 10:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2dgamestudio

Well I am thinking about making a small game to get use to play basic. This game will be a text rpg with some graphics with it. I think this will be a good way to start to get use to PB. Below are some of my idea and features which I am going to try and add in to the game.

1 - Sprites for battle and Shops - This is mean for when the player is fighting a monster I will have the monster sprite drawn to the screen, then the player will be able to select from a text menu on what he/she would want to do such as - Attack,Defend,Skill,Item or run. Also when the player goes to a shop in a town I would draw a sprite to the screen and also have a text list depending on what the player would want to do and what kind of shop it is.

2 - Unlock Skills. This feature will unlock new skills depending on what skills the player uses more as in.
If the player cast heal on them selfes 10 times, heal 2 will be unlocked.

3 - Alchemy System - The player will be able to go to the Alchemy store where, the Alchemy npc will ask them what they would like to do from a list of choices which will be. Make Item, Make Armor, Make Weapon. And Depending on what the player would make the npc will tell them what items they would need to make it and also how much gold it would cost to make it.

So far that is the some of the design idea I have for the game, please fell free to comment.

Juha Kämäräinen

Good idea to start so simple. You have better chance of success that way :)

Try to create the game with minimum amount of options then start adding them it might work out better.

Check out my comic - Bujercon 1

Makeii Runoru

Seems like a simple idea. As long as you dont expend on the idea too early, you should be okay. I know a lot of times I have so many cool ideas stuck in my head, but implementing them before my first ideas were finished would only complicate the system.

I recommend working on the game one piece at a time. If you don't have any prior experience, don't feel bad if the project starts to collect dust over a couple weeks. You'd still be learning. There's a lot of development in making a game, even if it is small.

But it's very good to have goals. Once you begin to think the way a computer thinks, or how PB thinks, everything will slowly begin to merge together and get easier.
This signature is boring, and could be improved. However, the user of this signature doesn't need a fancy signature because he or she doesn't really care for one.