Main Menu

Draco's Tale...

Started by Draco9898, September 19, 2005, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco9898

Work Log-

Feb 28,2006-
*"Tightening the screws", today, just cleaning some things up...Tryed to make the parallaxing BG faster running by no longer referancing things such as GetImageWidth() and instead just storing the info in arrays...the effect is marginal...+1 fps?...
*Dimmed the forst BG alittle for better contrast...
*Added a bg for options menu and fixed some options stuff...

DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Draco9898

new pixelated logo

DualCore Intel Core 2 processor @ 2.3 ghz, Geforce 8600 GT (latest forceware drivers), 2 gigs of ram, WIN XP home edition sp2, FireFox 2.

"You'll no doubt be horrified to discover that PlayBasic is a Programming Language." -Kevin

Tracy

servogod85

I just wonder if there is a link where I can download this game. I looked through the threads, but I couldn't find it. I won't mind testing it, besides it really looks like a good game. Is the story nice?

Draco9898

QuoteI just wonder if there is a link where I can download this game. I looked through the threads, but I couldn't find it. I won't mind testing it, besides it really looks like a good game. Is the story nice?

Not to my knowledge, all my old demoes are long gone..

Redrawing graphics galore...!

Draco9898

New sexy Graphics-
First new Draco sprite-

deleted

Going to recycle all my old code and update things with my new animation system and pointers and such...

kevin

Looks cute..  so your now back working on this ?

Ian Price

Is this for the 2D game or that strategy game?

Is it done yet? (either one) ;)
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Draco9898

Big C.

fantastic evolution...

How long do you work for this image?

Draco9898

The first draco on the left is from two years ago..
Here's a portrait I'm working on:

SpikeWheel Mockup:

Draco9898

And it's alive again, but only in the incarnation of a full 1-3 level game (To show off my music and pixel "skillz"), but maybe an entire game if I can round up an entire team to dedicate to this project.

The rule of thumb I'd say in making level tiles is that the art comes before the actual 'tilebility' of the tiles

Brand new art, making even some really good pixel artists blush-
The mandatory "forest level"-Old, old, old, old Art:
See second pic*

The mandatory "forest level"-New, redone for-the-4560th-time art:
See First pic*

Draco9898

Concepting is fun...OR IS IT?

Ian Price

Someone's read their Mortimer/Arabel books - "Nevermore!" ;)

A strange form of concept storyboarding, but an interesting one nonetheless. :)
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.