News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

WIP - Bouncy ball game

Started by monkeybot, October 29, 2008, 08:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybot

here is a little idea i have been messing around with.

bounce your ball around the course trying not to die

use the cursors to move and space to jump.

This is at very early stages,most of the game logic is there so it is playable,the graphics are place holders only.

monkeybot

has anyone tried it yet?
did it work?
anyone want to do any graphics?

there is a level editor but it is pretty flaky at the moment.

kevin

Had quick game before, but couldn't really get myself bouncing too far.  For some reason it reminds me of a 'Thing On A Spring',  even though it's nothing like it. 

thaaks

Just gave it a quick try.

I like the general idea - can become a pretty little puzzle jumper.
Right now the control mechanism is irritating. First I didn't understand why the white/red bar was jumping with the ball and then I didn't know how to jump (it's the Space key).
Loading up some "jump energy" to get higher jumps was also a bit tricky.

If you improve the control mechanism (and later on graphics, sound and all that) it will be a fun game.

monkeybot

yeah..
the bar is your energy.
i was experimenting with having a dynamically positioned energy bar thing that follows you around..if you notice when you gain jump energy(pressing space bar) the bar goes down but there is currently no minimum energy level implemented as the levels need to be designed and tweaked before i bother using it.
its a bit tricky to get the balance of the jump energy thing.definitely needs much tinkering,i have quite a few ideas up my sleeve,the game engine is quite open ended.
Thanks very much for the feedback.