Main Menu

PlayBasic and Molebox

Started by darryl_bartlett, February 13, 2005, 02:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darryl_bartlett

Hi all,

Didn't quite know which PlayBasic board to post this on, so I apologise if you think this is in the wrong place!!

You may have heard of an excellent tool called Molebox.  Molebox is a tool for linking together all external requirements of a program into the main executable.  I thought this tool may be of interest to you if you complete and release a PlayBasic developed game and you don't want people nicking your media.

I have just being trying out Molebox with PlayBasic and found it works fine.  I have produced a quick demo to demonstrate it working.  Have a look at : (login required). This demo makes use of images, sounds and text files.

Be warned - just in case you are using dial-up - this demo is about 4megs.  The demo contains a directory containing the original PB exe with media and another containing the single .exe produced by Molebox.

Have a look (login required) for more info.  Molebox comes in two flavours - standard ($49) and pro ($99).  $49 may sound like a fair amount of money but it is worthwhile if you ever want to protect your media.

kevin

The screeny looks awesome BTW, But the file seems to be down..

MODEDIT:  PlayBASIC V1.64O and above support binding media (and dll's) into the final EXE.  There's no need for 3rd party tools!