1 (50%)
paint
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ScottieB

Here is a screen shot.
It's 3 months in the makeing.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get
or maybe some help in my graphics. ie. (bitmaps)
It need an overhaul in the graphics area.

ie.

citys both regular and destroyed.
missles
satalite
airplane
and smartbombs.

It works great but my graphics stink.

I was wondering if anyone could help me to make it look prettier?

Thanks
peace
and
out!

OldNESJunkie

Unfortunately I'm like you in the graphics dept, but there are others here who can most definitely help out...
Honestly your graphics look better than most of mine.

BlinkOk

is there anywhere i can play the game?

ScottieB

It not done yet but...
anyone who helps me with the graphics will get a free copy of
the source code.
It's 6 months of work so far so I'm not just gonna give it away but..
like I said all who help will have a free copy of everything.
So if you do help with the graphics please send me or post me your e-mail address so I can send you the program's full source code.
so far it's 1000 lines of painstakeing logic.

OldNESJunkie

Quote from: ScottieB on October 25, 2010, 04:40:41 AM
It not done yet but...
anyone who helps me with the graphics will get a free copy of
the source code.
It's 6 months of work so far so I'm not just gonna give it away but..
like I said all who help will have a free copy of everything.
So if you do help with the graphics please send me or post me your e-mail address so I can send you the program's full source code.
so far it's 1000 lines of painstakeing logic.

Personally, if I were you I would just compile a version to be posted here or give to whomever does your gfx.

kevin

yeah, but he's probably running the Learning Edition..

ScottieB

Yeah! I am running the learning edition for noe because I can't afford the $40.00 dollars right now. Bummer! but why would I just want to give 6 months of my life for free? In the past with so many other basic programming languages I've done just that but now adays after years of learning and trying  so hard to finely make games. I'm sorry but it's not going to that easy to just give awayard work. I'm just asking for alittle help and in return then I'll find a way that those get a copy.

Thanks,
peace,
and out!

kevin

OldNESJunkie

oh yeah, DUH  :P I seem to always forget about the learning edition.

LBFN

I am not an expert artist, but I do have PhotoShop, and I can make decent stuff with it.  Can you tell me what sizes you want the different items to be?  It will likely take me a few days, but I would like to help.  Also, please list your preferred image format.

BlinkOk

if you look at his screen shot it's 800x600 so i would say that you could derive the sizes for all the sprites from that image. i would also say that the images have to have index/1bit transparency (not antialiased)

ScottieB

Here's a bitmap/sprite chart of what I need and approximate sizes.

6 cities  128x64
6 destroyed cities of the above 128x64

1 missle for all missles 8x8,16x16 ruffly

1 airplane 128x64 approximately

1 satillite 64x64

1 smartbomb 32x32

and last crosshair 64x64

That's a complete list of all required bitmaps/sprites with
sizes.

I know there's alittle work here but...
remember all helpers with receive complete source code of the game
which is 6 months into developement right now
25 pages as of right now.

Thanks,
Peace,
and
out!

LBFN

Okay, I'll plan to work on it tomorrow.  I figure I can also make a main background too.  You didn't mention explosions, but I can make a couple of different sizes of them too.  

I assume you are looking to stay somewhat close to the original, but want something nicer to look at (yours looks similar to the original IMO).  I will use .bmp format.

EDIT:  With a width of 128, six cities will have a total width of 768 pixels, leaving only 32 pixels total in between them, which will not look right, as you won't have any room for the ammo dumps.  From what I can tell, the original cities would be sized at 48 X 36.  The airplane is not going to need to be that big either. 

kevin

QuoteYeah! I am running the learning edition for noe because I can't afford the $40.00 dollars right now.

There's something about this thread that just doesn't add up.  If you're using the Learning Edition, then how come there's no PlayBASIC watermark on the screen shot ?

ScottieB

I am useing the free edition and I did'nt know there was a watermark.
Also LBFN the screen is 800x600 so feel free to make them any sizes you want. Remember we can always scale if need be.
by the way this post is not a joke and it was never meant to be one
and if it is I'd personally let the administrator perminitely band me. so please stop it with all the nonsence.

Thanks!