File Dialog. (PB example Source)

Started by kevin, October 07, 2003, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

The past day or so I've been porting and writing some more Play Basic examples.  The following picture is from a File requester snippet that I originally worked on with Indi.   Thus It's being ported from  Db/DBpro source code and thus is being tweaked for Play Basic's file/disc commands.   It's been a great exercise in both fine tuning the disc command set and thus unearthing some more unforeseen bugs  in the Play, which is still in ALPHA.  

Still got a bit of work to do on it, but the code is already starting to polish up well.  It's becoming tighter (less code),  and already feels every bit as user friendly as the originally Dbpro version, if not more so.

kevin

Update:
=======

This example is fast becoming one of the more impressive and complex PB examples. Today I've been updating it yet again, to make use of the recent Bitmap Font support additions.  This new font support, gives the demo a huge performance boost.  Previously while using the default Type Type font (courier 13 point) it was ranging between 20->40fps update, Depending upon how much text was to be displayed.   Now it's running between 100->150fps.  Which is a lovely little speed boost..