Main Menu

IDE

Started by kevin, January 07, 2004, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

IDE
Just a quick look-see at how the IDE/Compiler looking up and running

las6

the most styled IDE since ...well, ever. (as Codekeeper was a unofficial editor)
system specs: Win XP pro, 2700+ (TB), 1024 Mb DDR, Radeon 9600 pro (128).

Fash

Looks, erm......different ;)
Wonder what it'll look like a few months down the road, LOL
For PC game/demo music visit
Future Developments

ProfessorKill

As long as the IDE will allow me to have lots of files open simultaneously with a tabs (or some side documents listing) interface, I couldn't care less what else it did. Well, that and a good search and replace maybe with RegExp support.

:)

dannywartnaby

I like to make programs that stand out.. :).

I'll post some upto date screenshots of the IDE tonight.

GoldBerg: Chances are, it will stay the same. Why do you think it will change?.

darryl_bartlett

I have to say that what I have seen of the IDE from that screenshot, it looks pretty good to me.  

I am not sure if the IDE already does this or not but what I like is as you are typing in keywords a help message containing the syntax of that command to be displayed either somewhere in the status bar or as a popup in the actual edit window (a-la Visual Basic .NET).   Maybe at this stage, it would hard to implement that as the PlayBasic command set must still be changing as we aren't technically into a beta system yet.

I agree with ProfessorKill, a MDI environment is a must.

I can see from the screenshot there is a tools menu and I hope off of that you can configure it to run external programs.  It's always nice to be able to run your favourite sprite editor etc directly from the IDE.

Probably a request my wife would make about the IDE, is that when it is midnight, a message pops-up saying "For goodness sake, go to bed"!!!  :P

Daz.

ProfessorKill

IDE stuff that would be cool...

1.   MDI
2.   -Powerful- search/replace in all open docs
3.   Search and replace in files
4.   Syntax highlighting
5.   Color picker which then inserts code
6.   Pop-up syntax auto-complete (Goldberg mentioned)
7.   Select a block and comment it out
8.   Bookmarks
9.   Line wrapping
10. Save a group of related files as a "project"

For whatever they're worth :)

kevin

IDE
Just at a glance, I think it does all that ..

kevin

Quote1. MDI

You can load various projects at once.  Attached/loaded sources are accessible through the project main window, there's a drop down on the top..

There's also a source pad/clip thing so you can grab stuff from other sources /projects in general

Quote2. -Powerful- search/replace in all open docs
3. Search and replace in files

Not sure on that one, as attached include aren't fully sorted as yet. but search/replace are in..  

Quote4. Syntax highlighting

yep

Quote5. Color picker which then inserts code

yep

Quote6. Pop-up syntax auto-complete (Goldberg mentioned)

That's prolly doable.. so hassle Danny for it :)

Quote7. Select a block and comment it out

There's both block comments and line, it's NOT currently selectable through the ide though

anyway for blocks there's

remstart /remend

/*  */

for lines

rem
;
//

Quote8. Bookmarks

Quote9. Line wrapping

in two minds here.. either the IDE can do this, or the parser can.. I think it's better is the parser does this with a linewrap chr..

ie..

print "Hello" _
         + "World"

Quote10. Save a group of related files as a "project"

phew, yeah it does this one..

ok, so their not all done yet :)

dannywartnaby

IDE
Pop-up syntax prompt thingy is completely doable.. but not at the moment. It will be possible once the help database is done.

Fash

@Danny....
Don't get me wrong mate, I wasn't dissing it or anything, I just thought it might have been an early example as I wasn't sure how far along it was. I know how much things change from start to completion, but hey, if it's nearly complete there'll not be many changes eh ?  ;)
Will the ide be able to save different colour configs, or did I miss that earlier in the post ? If not, that's a great thing to add :D
For PC game/demo music visit
Future Developments

las6

of course, able to configure something is always nice, but that's the best color scheme I've seen in an IDE. Although, the text are bg could be different from the line number area or vice versa. Not by much, perhaps something like harmonic colors... :P (been checking out easyrgb ;) )

and that code font is probably changeable... at least I hope so. ;)
system specs: Win XP pro, 2700+ (TB), 1024 Mb DDR, Radeon 9600 pro (128).

empty

Quoteand that code font is probably changeable... at least I hope so.
Yep, that's on Danny's todo-list.

QuoteAlthough, the text are bg could be different from the line number area or vice versa. Not by much, perhaps something like harmonic colors...
I have to agree there, it'd probably look better if the gutter was seperated (color wise). Interesting link, by the way. :)

dannywartnaby

Hi all,

I am working on the appearance options at the moment. Hoped to have the latest version out by now, but I haven't had enough time to finish it.

It will be possible to customize a number of things, from syntax highlighting to the colour of the gutter ;). As for the side panel and editing windows being the same colour - that's just a preference, I like it :) - but it will be optional. The editing font will be optional, too.

Cheers,
Dan.

empty

QuoteHoped to have the latest version out by now, but I haven't had enough time to finish it.
You got sidetracked by listening to "Absolution".
Admit it! Confess! :)