Main Menu

Convert DTABs to MIDI?

Started by Stefan, October 29, 2003, 06:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan

I'm playing guitar and want to use my sequenzer as a drum-machine for practise.  But it is very much work to write drumtabs with several tracks (for each drum, cymbal,...) in my Yamaha QY70 sequenzer.
Is it possible to convert the tabs written ind DTAB to a standart MIDI-File with separate tracks for the drumset? This would solve my problem and save very much time of stupid rewriting.
By the way: are there sound-archives with DTAB-drumtabs in the www? I've found only the one in this forum, but there are only a few songs...

Thanks for your answers,
Stefan

kevin

Currently there's nothing (that i know of) to convert DTAB files to Midi directly.  However what some people have been doing is writing out some charts in Dtab and then capturing the MIDI playback.    Check the thread about Drum Machines about some software to do this.

Export to midi is planned, but it's not something that will appear in the short term.  

Unfortunately, while there are many hundreds, if not thousands of Dtab users now, very few care to release their DTAB files. Which is shame for that user base.   Majority of which only post tabs in TXT format.  Which makes giving dtab priority support form us, very difficult.

kevin

Update:  We added Export to DTAB to MIDI back in V0.95 (Feb 2005)

www.DTAB.underwaredesign.com