News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

PlayBasic and 3d models

Started by Noah Skinner, January 16, 2020, 06:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah Skinner

Hello,
I'm fairly new to PlayBasic and one thought popped into my head, rather than thought, but a kind of idea or project. Is it possible to import a 3d model into PlayBasic somehow? Is there any software that allows you to make a 3d model sort of 2.5d model that could be used in such a project? I was thinking about this 3d model. For example, despite the fact that Defold is a 2D engine - it got the feature of importing a 3d objects into it as far as I know. How real is this thing?

My apologies if the question seemed silly.

kevin

you can write a loader to import anything, provided you can understand that file structure.  Looking at that crazy polygon could of model and all I can say is good luck trying to get it working with PB's software rendering. 

jeffreybones

to the OP. Upload the .obj file along with textures to the Mixamo.com auto rigger. Then use the free honey cam software to record your desired animations to a .gif file. You can then use the .gifs as sprites in your PlayBasic project. You will need to use Photoshop or Gimp to remove the grey background from the Mixamo animation preview window that you recorded into your .gif file however. The process is very easy

kevin

yeah you could render the object out (in whatever rendering software you like) then dump the animations out as  series of bmp / png images, which would work.     

jeffreybones

I merely suggested Mixamo as it offers a wide variety of animations that the user can apply to their model.
And yes any screen capturing/rendering program will work just fine. I suggested Honey Cam for the capture because it's free. There are many many others to choose from.