reno

Another thing : you can draw only

"(c) 2008 Hiscore Warrior"

instead of

"(c) Droits d'auteur 2008 Hiscore Warrior"
More games ? Go to my website :)
http://www.thereeteam.com/

AdeN

Thanks for the changes - I've updated the translated text.

All that is left for Francais is the help text, which I've listed below as in the translated text file it has images and line breaks added in which are difficult to understand easily - I hope this makes it easy for you:

Try and remove all the blocks.

Sounds easy doesn't it!

But you can only remove blocks of the same color if there are two or more next to each other.

The more blocks of the same type that you remove the higher they score.

Standard Game:
If you don't remove all of the blocks you can still continue to the next level if you reach the target score.

Remove all the blocks of one type to receive a +50 bonus.

Countdown Game:
Same as the Standard game but with a limited time to make each move.

As the levels progress your time to move gets shorter.

Survival Game:
It starts with blocks at the bottom of the screen. Over time more blocks appear from below pushing the rest up.

If the blocks reach the top then the game ends, clear all the blocks for a +50 bonus.

There are some special blocks:
Destroys nearby blocks.
Destroys blocks in row.
Destroys blocks in column.
Adds random blocks.
Fixed in place.
Indestructible.
Change blocks in row.
Change blocks in column.
Flip blocks in row.
Flip blocks in column.

Enjoy the game & best of luck!

Many thanks in advance!

PS I had a quick look at your web site and games - you and your brother have done some nice work!

AdeN

The web site has been updated with Demo v1.0.5 (see http://games.hiscorewarrior.com/Blocks-Away.htm) which contains all the languages so far:
English
French/Francais (mostly done now)
German/Deutsch
Hungarian/Magyar
Italian/Italiano

I'm still hoping that there are some Spanish and Portuguese speakers who would consider doing some translations ;-)

reno

Hi,

I did what I can. I don't know if it is perfect, but it should work.

Try and remove all the blocks.
> Essayez de supprimer tous les blocs.

Sounds easy doesn't it!
> Ca semble facile, n'est-ce-pas !

But you can only remove blocks of the same color if there are two or more next to each other.
> Mais vous pouvez détruire les blocs de même couleur lorsqu'ils sont plus de deux côte-à-côte.

The more blocks of the same type that you remove the higher they score.
> Plus vous détruisez des blocs de même couleur, plus vous marquez des points.

Standard Game:
> Normal :

If you don't remove all of the blocks you can still continue to the next level if you reach the target score.
> Si vous ne détruisez pas tous les blocs, vous pouvez quand même aller au prochain niveau si vous avez atteint l'objectif des points.

Remove all the blocks of one type to receive a +50 bonus.
> Si vous détruisez tous les blocs de même couleur, vous gagnez 50 points de bonus.

Countdown Game:
> Contre la montre :

Same as the Standard game but with a limited time to make each move.
> Pareil que le mode normal, mais avec un temps limité pour chaque action.

As the levels progress your time to move gets shorter.
> Plus vous avancez, plus le temps d'action se réduit.

Survival Game:
> Mort à l'arrivée :

It starts with blocks at the bottom of the screen. Over time more blocks appear from below pushing the rest up.
> Vous commencez avec des blocs en bas de l'écran. A la fin du temps d'action, d'autres blocs apparaissent poussant ceux qui restent vers le haut.

If the blocks reach the top then the game ends, clear all the blocks for a +50 bonus.
> Si les blocs touchent le haut de l'écran, la partie se termine. Si vous détruisez tous les blocs, vous gagnez 50 points de bonus.

There are some special blocks:
> Il y a des blocs spéciaux :

Destroys nearby blocks.
> Détruit tous les blocs à proximité.

Destroys blocks in row.
> Détruit tous les blocs de la ligne

Destroys blocks in column.
> Détruit tous les blocs de la colonne.

Adds random blocks.
> Rajoute des blocs au hasard.

Fixed in place.
> Reste au même endroit

Indestructible.
> Indestructible.

Change blocks in row.
> Modifie les blocs de la ligne.

Change blocks in column.
> Modifie les blocs de la colonne.

Flip blocks in row.
> Bascule les blocs de la ligne.

Flip blocks in column.
> Modifie les blocs de la colonne.

Enjoy the game & best of luck!
> Bon jeu et bonne chance !

AdeN

Many thanks for taking the time to finish off the French text - much appreciated. I'm going to make a slight tweak to the demo and will get your text integrated as well.

Hopefully the final demo will be finished over the weekend - I'll post back to this thread when it is done.

AdeN

Hi,

Sorry for no news about Blocks Away in the last 6 weeks - I've had quite a bit of work to do so haven't had much time to finish it off.

But it's almost finished now, I'm just waiting on the final level name translations and then I can package it all up - the web site and payment systems are all set and I'll then unleash the game via PAD enabled web sites and also through the RegNow affiliate system and Microsoft's Digital Locker marketplace. Fingers crossed that it will generate some sales.

On the subject of sales, I was thinking of running a special offer for all PlayBasic users by offering 50% off - the game is going to retail at $14.99 - so this means you could get the full game for $7.49 - how does that sound?

Anyway, it's certainly been a labour of love getting it finished - that last 10% of the game just seems to take as much effort as the previous 90%!

Best regards,
Adrian

reno

"how does that sound?"
> I don't know the casual market, but good luck with it !

Big C.

Hi Adrian...

what shall I do with the information on the picture.... Any solution....

Big C.

AdeN

Hi Big C,

My apologies - the installer was slightly wrong (a copy and paste issue in the installer XML file!) - I have corrected this so please re-download and re-install.

Thanks,
Adrian

kevin

Sounds good,  let us know when we can host a version.  It's still on the to-do list  :)

AdeN

Hi Kevin,

I haven't forgotten!

I'm just putting together the final full test updates to my volunteer translators - when that is done I will update the demo and let you know how to get it so that you can host it as well (in fact I really should update the web site to show off some of the additional levels from the full game).

Things have been complicated by the fact that my main development laptop died on me - my fault ;-( So I resurrected my older laptop (grabbed it back from my kids!) and am finishing things off on that one - tomorrow my new replacement laptop arrives and its a beauty (every cloud has a silver lining) - but it'll take me a weekend to get it all setup with all the various dev environments and apps that I use together with all the various configs that are likely!

Best regards,
Adrian

AdeN

Hello again,

Sorry, I've been away from the forums for far too long. I've had a lot of work to do and have only now got around to finishing off Blocks Away - that last few percent of effort takes absolutely ages!

Kevin: If you want to host the latest demo that's absolutely fine - you can download it (it's an Microsoft Installer MSI file) from http://games.hiscorewarrior.com/Blocks-Away.htm by using the download link of course.

I'm also trying a bit of an experiment with the demo by potentially offering it for free - but I still get paid!

Huh you say - that doesn't make sense! Basically I've found a service called TrialPay - see http://merchant.trialpay.com/ref?tp=xoW9xdp - and it is legit.

Basically you get paid for your software out of advertising revenue - I'll update you on this in a few months time to let you know if it's working. In the demo is a button which says "Get it for free" which links to the TrialPay web site.

Has anyone had any experience with this service?

Best regards and if anyone wants to please try the demo and see what you think now it's finished, Adrian

kevin

AdeN,

Thanks,  i'd love to host Blocks Away.  Will set up a page in the near future.  The more the merrier as they say.

QuoteHas anyone had any experience with this service?

Nope, sounds like a interesting model though.  Will have to check it myself.