News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Possible Easter Week Mini Game Challenge 2011

Started by BlinkOk, April 19, 2011, 12:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

Micky has already started his compo wip but i've had a bit of a brain fart (ie: steal someone else game).

I thought it would be cool to do an easter version of this game

I thought you could make the king a rabbit and the cakes could be square eggs(the title would be "Square Egg").

As you can see the mechanic is simple as; no physics, simple shape collision.

Gold egg would be one of the dropped square eggs.

I would be happy to do the graphics (it would be 48 hours from acceptance, so probably delivered by friday am my time, unfortunately i will be away from friday).

So if anyone has a spare few hours and would like to code a game then let me know.

I'm in oz btw

micky4fun

hi all

blinkOK the link is dead i cant see anything ? , i hope someone jumps on board as nice to have some good gfx's and another game in the compo

mick ;D

BlinkOk

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/550315

thanks for the heads up mick

micky4fun

hi all

ahh very simular to the topple tower game but with no balancing involved , if i had the time i would do it and enter 2 in the compo , but struggling with time with my effort at the moment , busy at work at the mo , but got friday to put a few hours in to my game
hope someone comes forward to code this though

mick ;D

BlinkOk

that's cool if no one has time it's not a problem. i just thought the code would be so easy to do, there really is nothing in it.
anyway i'll give it another 8 hours. here's a teaser;

i'll finish the bg today an maybe a couple more eggs. i thought the gameplay could change slightly like this;
as you drop the eggs there will be golden (egg shaped) pickups in different patterns. the idea would be to place the
eggs as close a possible to the golden eggs because when you shoot up and eat the eggs. if you get
gold egg at the same time as a coloured egg then you double your points.

ps: it is one weird lookin rabbit though huh?

micky4fun

hi all

more cool gfx's BlinkOk , i really hope someone steps up

mick ;D