News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Spectrum emulator

Started by baggey, August 18, 2012, 12:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

fair enough, but what's with all the double posting..

baggey

I dont know what you mean buy double posting?
Jesus was only famous because of his dad

kevin

more than one post in a row in quick succession.. 

baggey

I dont know whats happened there then  ???

baggey

At the moment. ive simulated the flash of the spectrum Hardware. Rewritten the screen setup code and implemented some of Kevin's code ideas. To speed up file loading and screen printing!

working on the code to simulate the speccy way of loading code byte by byte now.

I shall then release another version of the emulator where there is more physical interaction, with the loading of the screens and the flash screen buffer simulation!

Baggey

baggey

So people here we have the latest version Release 0.1sp

It has rewritten file loading code.
Mouse scroll fixed.
Scr or Screen$ loading simulation.
And Ive rewritten the main code again.

Enjoy!

Baggey

baggey

Im at the point now were i need to :-

Build the Z80 core, Load the Rom and check its spitting out the right op-codes. Also the right effects on the flags etc!

Im going to build a program that will generate a lot of the code for me! But Alas im still going to be doing a lot of Mundane typing!

No one said it was going to be easy  :o

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Kind regards Baggey

buggage

baggey

Its going to be a while yet!

But if you download, what ive done so far! Youll have a taste of things to come  ;D

Baggey

baggey

Just an update!

I have the Rom loaded in and im working through memory starting at 0000.

The dissambler is progressing along, which im checking. It is spitting out the right code and seems to be having the right effect on registers etc!

Im making a few alterations to the GUI Interface as well. Im adding Hex values to the emulator and Decimal button for it.
Also im adding a fullscreen load simulate in the GUI as well.

This really is turning into an in depth task! Which i didn't realise when i started! However im still keen to keep going!

It will be nice when ive emulated enough instructions. Where i can see some on screen changes!

Ie, When 1982 Sinclair Research. Flashes up.

Baggey

baggey

Ive made some changes to the GUI layout. This is how it will finally look!

The dissembler is now coming on a treat. Changes to this will be adding functionality to the flag registers and making sure the right things are happening.
The step mode is handy for this, which will be also useful later if you want to see how the machine code programs are working in ZX spectrum memory.

Another step closer to getting the 1982 Sinclair Research to flash up!?  

Baggey

buggage

BlinkOk

excellent work baggey. very slick mate!

ATLUS

monkeybot

Are there any instructions for using it?