Main Menu

Spectrum emulator

Started by baggey, August 18, 2012, 12:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

That's a shame Baggey , seems you put in a lot of hard work into this project and for it to come to an end
but look forward to any up and coming projects

mick :)

buggage

I didn't put any work into it. It wasn't my project it was Baggey's!

We are not the same dude, dude: buggage != baggey :P

According to his profile he hasn't been around since before Christmas last year. Shame.

micky4fun

Hi All

I do apologise buggage , to much staring at this monitor over the last few days I think
im getting all confused , erm I put a golly money box on e-bay yesterday , lucky someone contacted me I call it a golly moxey fox , lol , oh dear

mick :)

baggey

hi all,

Yes its been awhile for any releases!

The thing is, Typing every instruction in by hand and relating it to the playbasic emulator. Has been a laboriously boring task  :(

So with bags of enthusiasim, i was doing like 20ish instructions a day. which, after a couple of months or so got to be so boring. The enjoyment of programming this project was lost!

Its not dead just shelved  :-[

Ive been busy this year in france on and of. Rebuilding an old cravan to live in, as well as other things.

some of the documentation, on some instructions. I have found not easy to follow. So almost impossible to predict the right flag effects which creates gobbledegook very quickly. Causing what is known as the good old fashioned crash!

I do promise there will be in time, time to get this project started again!  :) as it was a hobby.

Where i left the project thou. The only thing, i wasnt going to be able to do in playbasic. Was emulate sound  ???

Kind regards Baggey

Error Missing Closing Square Bracket
Jesus was only famous because of his dad

baggey

ll fait longtemps!

It's Been a long time!

If your still watching and interested and would like to help in my quest check this out!

SORRY IT'S NOT PLAYBASIC!

https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,8285.msg347048308.html#msg347048308

Kind Regards Baggey

kevin

So is it running now or what ?? 

baggey

Yes,

Here it is https://www.syntaxbomb.com/showcase/specblitz-zx-spectrum-48k-emulator/

Ive also started a C64 Emulator as well

https://www.syntaxbomb.com/blitzmax-blitzmax-ng/c64_blitzmax-emulator/

Using Playbasic got me started!  ;D

It Would be nice to turn Circle and get it Translated into Playbasic. Maybe createing new Commands etc.. along the way?

It's using "FastGLDrawPixMemorymap(p:TPixmap, x:Int, y:Int)", "SetGraphicsDriver(GLMax2DDriver())" These were the Key things to get the Pixels done.

For Sound "FreeAudio DirectSound" using Mutex. Would prefer "SDL"

Kind Regards Baggey

baggey

The Thing about this forum was feed back is good! I have many Emulators to write! Without Feedback this is dead!

Baggey

kevin

QuoteWithout Feedback this is dead!

Feedback about what ?