Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Bad Luck England !

:)

BlinkOk

kevin

Ian Price

LOL

That's what you get when you send a load of over-paid, under-skilled muppets to play sport. It's not that you lot are really good, just that our lot are really bad :P
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

kevin

What a surprise, a back handed compliment  :)

While not the strongest Aussie side i've ever seen, their certainly not hacks.  England, by design it would seem, never seemed to give themselves a hope.  They virtually rocked up play one or two warm up games, then were thrust into the first test.

I think when playing well, England are certainly a good side though.   I was really hoping to see a  repeat performance from guys like Peterson & Flintoff from the 05 series, but they never really took flight, a pity.    But there's always the 20/20 and one dayers

Ian Price

Honestly Kevin, credit where credit is due - your fellow-countrymen did real good. :)

darryl_bartlett

He he - being Welsh it is so sad to see England doing so badly!!!  I am gutted for England ... not!!!  I know technically Welsh cricketers play for England but as Simon Jones always seems to be injured and ignoring the fact that Geraint Jones' parents were Welsh, this team was all England!!!   In fact the funny thing is that Englands best player, Kevin Peterson, is South African.

It has continued today with Australia thrashing England in the twenty20 game.   All Australia need to do now is win every one of the upcoming one dayers!!!

Anyway, enough England bashing!!  I reckon the 2009 ashes series could be a bit closer.  It will be very tough for the Australians to replace the legends of Warne and McGrath.  There are a few other Australians, like Gilchrist, who are also getting towards the latter stages of their career so it will be interesting to see how the next breed of Australians come through.  I wonder if the end of next years world cup may see the retirement of a few other Australians.

Ian Price

I'm Welshish too - both parents are born and bred Taffys, but I was born in England. But I still don't care for England, in any sport. And Kevin, you should have seen the lambasting the England team got in our National Press - they said exactly what I did (Oz wasn't great, but England were truly crap), only harsher!

kevin

OMG = The pom's had a win :)

Ian Price

The law of averages would suggest that England would win one game at some point ;) :P

Ian Price

BlinkOk

kevin

Congrat's England!.    I didn't think we'd win the ODI final's as some of the guys were peeking too soon.    England playing very well though, not just in the finals, but the last 4 or 5 ODI's they played in.  With the key players hitting form at the right moment.    I enjoy it when it's competitive all round! 

For the record.  I think were going to struggle at the World Cup.  Despite the different conditions, there's a few question marks in the line up atm. ( form, what bowlers / all rounders etc )

Did I mention that i used to play super league indoor cricket with & against, played for Australia a few weeks back.    He's currently playing for Victorian state side.  About Shane    - Ahh memories :)

kevin

(login required)

from The Sydney Morning Herald.