Main Menu

?'s about Ordering

Started by Kman1011, November 21, 2006, 05:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman1011

I take there is no actual CD that gets shipped, so I would have to back it up and burn it somehow. Is it sent as WinZip or Win RAR.

Also there is no ordering in Canadian Dollars. Would I just use $US.

Just need to know before ordering,
Tanks!
Ahh... Another visitor. Stay awhile....STAY FOREVER!!!...MWA-HA-HA-HA

Ian Price

Yep. There's no physical media involved. You are sent a link. Just download the installer and away you go. Of course it's always a good idea to burn the software, but it'll always be available for download if needs be. Keep the URL and passwords handy though, you might just need them at a later date.
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

kevin

QuoteI take there is no actual CD that gets shipped

All our products at the time of writing at delivered electronically.  

Quoteso I would have to back it up and burn it somehow.

Yes, upon delivery users are expected to back up their  Receipt. Serial and their copy of  retail installer.   How you do this is up to you.  Ie. cd / dvd / usb drive.

If you loose your install for some reason, we can reissue your download, but only within the 6 months of the original order and we do require proof of purchase!  So back it up at your end !

QuoteIs it sent as WinZip or Win RAR.

Neither,  our products come in a stand alone (compressed) exe installer  (Full PlayBASIC base retail edition is about 7 or 8meg from memory). So you'd download the packaged file and install it.  

QuoteAlso there is no ordering in Canadian Dollars. Would I just use $US.

To process orders we currently use Shareit.com. Their service allows customers to choose the local currency they use.   So while we set the prices in US dollars, you can see them in whatever form you like.  

For example,  go the PlayBASIC order page here and use the drop down on the top right part next to Show prices in:

PlayBASIC Order Page

NOTE: We strongly recommend all new users  Download PlayBASIC Learning Edition before purchasing !!!!!  - Page Updated 2023-11-02