Main Menu

iMAC Intel

Started by Big C., April 05, 2006, 03:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big C.

Has someone an Apple (for me  B) )

QuoteMore and more people are buying and loving Macs. To make this choice simply irresistible, Apple will include technology in the next major release of Mac OS X, Leopard, that lets you install and run the Windows XP operating system on your Mac. Called Boot Camp (for now), you can download a public beta today.

for mor Infos see... BootCamp (still Beta)

Whether PB runs also on an iMac with WindowsXP?

Big C.

Ian Price

There is also another method - see HERE

How long do you reckon it'll be before Microsoft and Apple work out some form of official deal?
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Tracy

QuoteHow long do you reckon it'll be before Microsoft and Apple work out some form of official deal?

A long time, I hope. I'd hate to see the market lose what little bit of copetition it's got left in it.

...but I reckon it's sooner than I hope.  :(

kevin

Dunno, what to think of the whole Intel MAC thing.  Not terribly concerned by it.  Nor have a really considered what opportunities it might well  offer.

Ian Price

Whilst it may sound like an odd partnership, neither Apple nor Microsoft will wish to pass up any opportunity to add more money to their already substantial bank balances.

Whilst I've never been interested in Macs, it's a pretty untapped market for shareware/freeware gaming - although it is growing rapidly.

Quite a few game creation apps. are going multi-platform (compiling for Windows, Linux and Mac) - perhaps PB will take the same route in it's lifetime?

The times they are a changing...
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

Big C.

Actually I did not want to discuss about Apple, Microsoft or Intel. Rather I would have known with pleasure whether PB runs also under WinXP on an Apple. Personally I do not have any Apple computer and did not interest me either in fact, because the target group (DTP, graphic designers and so forth) for that simply too in particular is. Incidentally that would have reminded me of my own beginnings. My first computer was a laser 2001 of Sanyo, nobody had that one in my surroundings, except for I. But through also M$ software being able to run now on an Apple nevertheless without a VM (or nevertheless?), as for example WinXP under Linux, a common benefit would result from both worlds where appropriate.

As saidly, the compatibility would be interesting.

so long

Big C.